Twitter Revolution: Revolutionize Your SummerThu 07 Jul 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Twitter Tuesdays have landed! Each week we are now combing our twitter competwitions and parties to have the one bumper twitter party each Tuesday and we have several guest hosts lined up. This week our very own Jamie Oliver joined the party.
Twitter Party: Tuesday July 5th 2011 7pm PDT/10pm EDT
Theme: Summer Revolution
Recipe of the Week: Simplest Fruit Salad – create your own fruit salad and post your pics on the Facebook Food Revolution Community page.
As we are now in full summer swing, the conversation this week was all about going local, farmers markets and food on vacation! We wanted to know all about how you celebrated July 4th, your summer revolution plans and all about the exciting new foods you pick up when you visit your local farmers market or go further afield on vacation. Check out some of the best tweets below and details on next week’s #FoodRevParty.
Party Questions and Best Tweets
Q1. Did everyone enjoy the 4th of July/Canada day? What good food did you all celebrate with? #foodrevparty
niabutterfly @FoodRevTeam @JamieOliver #foodrevparty BBQ fajitas; beef w corn and black bean salad
TheOrganicTrail yes! Great 4th of July! Made homemade rocket popsicles with fresh strawberry/yogurt/fresh blueberry. Huge hit #foodrevparty
Q2. How are you all going to share & spread the #foodrevolution over the summer? #foodrevparty
tinygreenbee @FoodRevTeam : kids are growing a garden. Goal is to plant a whole meal!
DeniseH111 by example! Best way. Walk the walk, live clean! Enjoy good food! Cook, cook, cook!@FoodRevTeam @JamieOliver
Q3. Do you all know where your local farmers markets are? What new foods have you found at them & tried? #foodrevparty
misssvea We have so many, being so close to orchards and farms. Cherries are ready this week! We can freeze them. #foodrevparty
allieprecht I've made the switch to buying my groceries from local farmers at Cincinnati's @Findlay_Market @FoodRevTeam @jamie_oliver #foodrevparty
Q4. Have you, or do you plan to try any exciting new foods whilst on vacation? #foodrevparty
kristilyn_r I always try to find local foods when we travel ... #foodrevparty
robinelton I want to PLAN family vacations around new foods! New Orleans especially #foodrevparty #foodrevolution
Q5. What is your favorite recipe to make (w/ the kids) on a hot summers day? #foodrevparty
jenniferberrym Jennifer Berry #foodrevparty fruit kabobs, and anything on the grill- no clean up, my favorite part.
TheOrganicTrail Fruit or green salads are gr8 4 kids. Cut soft melons easy. My 2 yr old knows how 2 use salad spinner like pro! #foodrevparty
Next Party: Tuesday July 12th 2011 4pm PDT/7pm EDT, stay tuned to find out who our guest host is!
Thanks to everyone who took part in this week’s party, we look forward to introducing our guest host and new theme next week.
The Food Revolution Team
FB: Food Revolution Community
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day