UN NCD Summit: Final Chance To Email Your UN RepFri 16 Sep 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Next week is the UN Summit on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) 19/20 September.
It is so important that this summit makes meaningful change and that the UN set an agenda to tackle the growing health epidemic surrounding NCDs and diet-related illnesses these are the curable and preventable diseases of the modern world impacting every country from the Americas and Europe to China and India. The rising cost financially and to modern life can no longer be ignored.
To make sure this summit makes the impact it needs we need to ensure that as many countries are represented as possible and enough leaders are present to push forward a plan and impress upon the world the importance of tackling NCDs.
DOWNLOAD the letter template to send to your UN Ambassador in New York requesting your Head of State to take action
PASTE the letter into an email and send to your UN Ambassador. Search for your UN Ambassador here.
SEND a Tweet or Facebook Message to your Head of State asking them to attend the summit
The Food Revolution Team
More information on the NCD Summit:
The 1st Summit On Non Communicable Diseases
World Health Organization Fact Sheet on the NCD Summit
The NCD Alliance
Unite for a Healthy Future
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day Off To The Right Start
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs