UN NCD Summit: Final Chance To Email Your UN RepFri 16 Sep 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Next week is the UN Summit on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) 19/20 September.
It is so important that this summit makes meaningful change and that the UN set an agenda to tackle the growing health epidemic surrounding NCDs and diet-related illnesses these are the curable and preventable diseases of the modern world impacting every country from the Americas and Europe to China and India. The rising cost financially and to modern life can no longer be ignored.
To make sure this summit makes the impact it needs we need to ensure that as many countries are represented as possible and enough leaders are present to push forward a plan and impress upon the world the importance of tackling NCDs.
DOWNLOAD the letter template to send to your UN Ambassador in New York requesting your Head of State to take action
PASTE the letter into an email and send to your UN Ambassador. Search for your UN Ambassador here.
SEND a Tweet or Facebook Message to your Head of State asking them to attend the summit
The Food Revolution Team
More information on the NCD Summit:
The 1st Summit On Non Communicable Diseases
World Health Organization Fact Sheet on the NCD Summit
The NCD Alliance
Unite for a Healthy Future
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- Marchs Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine