UN NCD Summit: Final Chance To Email Your UN RepFri 16 Sep 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Next week is the UN Summit on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) 19/20 September.
It is so important that this summit makes meaningful change and that the UN set an agenda to tackle the growing health epidemic surrounding NCDs and diet-related illnesses these are the curable and preventable diseases of the modern world impacting every country from the Americas and Europe to China and India. The rising cost financially and to modern life can no longer be ignored.
To make sure this summit makes the impact it needs we need to ensure that as many countries are represented as possible and enough leaders are present to push forward a plan and impress upon the world the importance of tackling NCDs.
DOWNLOAD the letter template to send to your UN Ambassador in New York requesting your Head of State to take action
PASTE the letter into an email and send to your UN Ambassador. Search for your UN Ambassador here.
SEND a Tweet or Facebook Message to your Head of State asking them to attend the summit
The Food Revolution Team
More information on the NCD Summit:
The 1st Summit On Non Communicable Diseases
World Health Organization Fact Sheet on the NCD Summit
The NCD Alliance
Unite for a Healthy Future
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- Julys Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!