What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?Fri 04 Apr 2014
Story by Rommie Johnson
The Nourish initiative recently published a blog post that asks the thought-provoking question, "What does the food movement mean to you?" It's a question Nourish has put to a lot of people over the years—from authors and activists to chefs and filmmakers—and it's also one that has elicited a wide variety of thoughtful replies.
Each individual, it seems, has their own perspective—and it's partly through sharing these unique views that the conversation about food and sustainability moves forward. Nourish aims to facilitate that kind of productive dialogue with the ultimate goal of increasing food literacy.
Responses are starting to roll in with a diversity of different viewpoints. Commenters have said:
• “The food movement is about creating good food, good jobs, and good community.” – Angela DNATLFood
• “It means access to food that truly is medicine.” – @BerkeleyNaturopathic
• “The food movement is about getting the dialogue started and finding ways that everyone can have access to delicious, nutritious food.” – Amy Trimbo
• “The food movement means we’re all in this together.” – LeftOverFoodie
Add your voice to the mix by visiting the Nourish blog and sharing your thoughts in the comments.
To keep things fun, Nourish is offering an assortment of prizes to selected participants, donated by partner organizations including the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation, The Edible Schoolyard Project, Food Day, and the Small Planet Institute.
So head on over to the Nourish blog and share what the food movement means to you!
About the Author: Former food journalist and restaurateur Rommie Johnson is the Content and Social Media Coordinator for Nourish, educational initiative designed to open a meaningful conversation about food and sustainability
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!