What's The Story Of Your Food? Watch Nourish On PBS This FallWed 27 Oct 2010
Story by Seth Nickinson
As the harvest season turns into the holidays, watch an inspiring new film, Nourish: Food + Community on PBS. Perfect for youth and families, this award-winning special asks the thought-provoking question, "What's the story of your food?" Find a PBS broadcast in your area.
Hosted and narrated by Cameron Diaz, Nourish features interviews with best-selling author Michael Pollan, sustainable food advocate Anna Lappé, eco-chef Bryant Terry, pediatrician Dr. Nadine Burke, and organic farmer Nigel Walker. Watch the trailer.
Nourish is also rolling out a remarkable collection of short films, including exclusive clips of Jamie. Check out Jamie playing the drums in "Food is Like Music." Watch Jamie get excited about fresh, seasonal food in "Try Something New." Sign up on the Nourish website for announcements of future releases.
The Nourish film is part of a major educational initiative designed to open a meaningful conversation about food and sustainability. In the coming weeks, Nourish will announce the release of the Nourish school curriculum, developed in partnership with the Center for Ecoliteracy. Stay tuned!
Find a PBS broadcast in your area: http://www.nourishlife.org/pbs.html
Buy the Nourish DVD: http://nourishlife.org/store.html
Sign-up for Nourish announcements: http://www.nourishlife.org
About the author: Seth Nickinson is Director of the Nourish Initiative
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!
- The Mount Desert Island Hospital Food Revolution Heats Up
- Big Changes In UK School Food
- More Outdoor Dining Moments From Across The Globe
- September Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges