What's The Story Of Your Food? Watch Nourish On PBS This FallWed 27 Oct 2010
Story by Seth Nickinson
As the harvest season turns into the holidays, watch an inspiring new film, Nourish: Food + Community on PBS. Perfect for youth and families, this award-winning special asks the thought-provoking question, "What's the story of your food?" Find a PBS broadcast in your area.
Hosted and narrated by Cameron Diaz, Nourish features interviews with best-selling author Michael Pollan, sustainable food advocate Anna Lappé, eco-chef Bryant Terry, pediatrician Dr. Nadine Burke, and organic farmer Nigel Walker. Watch the trailer.
Nourish is also rolling out a remarkable collection of short films, including exclusive clips of Jamie. Check out Jamie playing the drums in "Food is Like Music." Watch Jamie get excited about fresh, seasonal food in "Try Something New." Sign up on the Nourish website for announcements of future releases.
The Nourish film is part of a major educational initiative designed to open a meaningful conversation about food and sustainability. In the coming weeks, Nourish will announce the release of the Nourish school curriculum, developed in partnership with the Center for Ecoliteracy. Stay tuned!
Find a PBS broadcast in your area: http://www.nourishlife.org/pbs.html
Buy the Nourish DVD: http://nourishlife.org/store.html
Sign-up for Nourish announcements: http://www.nourishlife.org
About the author: Seth Nickinson is Director of the Nourish Initiative
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight