What's The Story Of Your Food? Watch Nourish On PBS This FallWed 27 Oct 2010
Story by Seth Nickinson
As the harvest season turns into the holidays, watch an inspiring new film, Nourish: Food + Community on PBS. Perfect for youth and families, this award-winning special asks the thought-provoking question, "What's the story of your food?" Find a PBS broadcast in your area.
Hosted and narrated by Cameron Diaz, Nourish features interviews with best-selling author Michael Pollan, sustainable food advocate Anna Lappé, eco-chef Bryant Terry, pediatrician Dr. Nadine Burke, and organic farmer Nigel Walker. Watch the trailer.
Nourish is also rolling out a remarkable collection of short films, including exclusive clips of Jamie. Check out Jamie playing the drums in "Food is Like Music." Watch Jamie get excited about fresh, seasonal food in "Try Something New." Sign up on the Nourish website for announcements of future releases.
The Nourish film is part of a major educational initiative designed to open a meaningful conversation about food and sustainability. In the coming weeks, Nourish will announce the release of the Nourish school curriculum, developed in partnership with the Center for Ecoliteracy. Stay tuned!
Find a PBS broadcast in your area: http://www.nourishlife.org/pbs.html
Buy the Nourish DVD: http://nourishlife.org/store.html
Sign-up for Nourish announcements: http://www.nourishlife.org
About the author: Seth Nickinson is Director of the Nourish Initiative
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!
- Jamie Oliver Addresses The Global Food Revolution
- Huntington’s Kitchen Still Going Strong!