What We Are Thankful For!Wed 21 Nov 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The holidays are officially upon us! The internet is alive with advice on to brine or not to brine, how to set the table, and new creative ways to interpret stuffing and mash potatoes. We are firm believers that Thanksgiving is a dream holiday for real food lovers, as what could be better than getting a group of loved ones around the table to celebrate over a home cooked meal?
What we love most about the holiday, though, is not just the food, but also the idea that a whole day is dedicated to celebrating gratitude.
Here are a few things that the Food Revolution team is thankful for:
We are constantly in awe of the amazing work that YOU, the Food Revolution Community, are doing around the world to stand up for real food! We are thankful for the continued and growing support of our spectacular voluntary ambassadors, whom amidst their busy lives find the time to share the Food Revolution message, promote food education, and grow their local community efforts as part of our global real food movement.
• School Food Standards
Every day we receive more pictures from schools serving up real food for lunch, and we are grateful for positive updates made to the school meal regulations this year (and all the hard work that went into achieving these!) and all the hard and creative work of schools, lunch staff, teachers, parents and students across the country to make school lunch a wholesome, nutritious meal. We’re also grateful for standards to come that will improve the whole school food environment, not just in the lunch room.
• Like Minded Organizations
We are thankful for all the other organisations that are also striving to make change, through improving food options, marketing, school food, and improving food education by getting the facts, pushing people, companies and other organisations to improve their products and standards and educating the public.
• Minestrone Soup
Have you tried the simple Food Revolution Minestrone Soup? We are seriously grateful for a simple weeknight warmer, jam packed with goodness to fend off colds as winter creeps up on us.
And we are thankful for each and every person standing up for real food, whether at home, at school, at work or on Main Street!
What are you thankful for this year?
Share with us on Facebook or Twitter, check out our recipes for any last minute side additions, and be sure to show us pictures of your real food feasts!
Happy Turkey Day everyone!
The Food Revolution Team
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyone’s Revolution: Eating Well For Less