Whole Foods Market Northern California & Reno Give 5%Thu 04 Apr 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Next Wednesday, April 10th, Whole Foods Market Northern California & Reno will be supporting the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation and our hands-on food education programs.
Several days a year, Whole Foods stores partake in a community giving day, a “5% Day,” in which the company donates 5% of that day’s net sales to a non-profit or educational organization. On April 10th, stores in Northern California & Reno region will be hosting a 5% day for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation!
Besides donating the 5%, selected Whole Foods Market stores will be hosting chef demos where shoppers can stop by and learn more about simple and healthy recipes. The money earned from this day will be used to fund the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation’s “Learn Your Fruits and Vegetables” program which will be brought to schools and youth groups in the Northern California area. This program aims to get people excited about fruit and vegetables – eating them, learning about them and understanding why they’re so good for you. It’s the first step towards better food education. Check out our US taster pack here.
This partnership with Whole Foods Market will continue from the 5% Day up until the upcoming second annual Food Revolution Day on May 17th. Food Revolution Day is a global day of action for people to make a stand for good food and essential cooking skills. It's a chance for people to come together within their homes, schools, workplaces and communities to cook and share their kitchen skills, food knowledge and resources. Whole Foods Market is planning to host events on May 17th as well in order to be part of the Food Revolution celebration! Check out the global movement and get involved here.
In Northern California or Reno? Make sure you reserve some grocery shopping for April 10th at Whole Foods Market stores in order to benefit the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation!
Join us and @WholeFoodsNorCA for a live #WholeFoodie tweet chat today, April 4th at 10am PT to find out more and join the Food Revolution!
Big thanks to Whole Foods for their amazing support.
The Food Revolution Team
Photos: Harrison store in Oakland and Ocean Ave store in San Francisco
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day