Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!Thu 09 May 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
With Food Revolution Day just around the corner we’re excited to announce that our friends over at Zynga will be supporting the cause and raising funds for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation in the US.
Back in November of last year, the Food Revolution linked up with the Zynga team as Jamie Oliver took to ChefVille. During this two week promotion, players had the opportunity to purchase limited edition virtual goods for their ChefVille restaurant, the proceeds of which were donated by Zynga back to Jamie’s global causes.
Do Good with Real Food - Join Zynga.com
We’re excited to announce that in honor of Food Revolution Day, the Zynga folks are once again backing our mission of better food education for all and supporting the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation in helping to keep cooking skills alive!
For the next two weeks, Zynga is amazingly going to donate $1 to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation for every new player to join Zynga.com!
To get involved, have some fun gaming AND support better food education simply head over and register on Zynga. Once you successfully complete your registration, you’ll be sent a confirmation email to let you know that your registration has unlocked a $1 donation to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation at no cost to you. It’s simple, easy, a great way to help make a difference and you’ll have loads of fun on Zynga too, so do good with real food and join the Food Revolution on Zynga.com!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (JOFF), a 501c3 non-profit organization working in collaboration with Jamie’s UK charity the Better Food Foundation and our partners in Australia, The Good Foundation, Australia for out global day of action, Food Revolution Day.
JOFF works to bring food education to schools and youth groups, businesses and communities through raising awareness, meaningful partnerships and hands-on training.
A $1 donation will support our food education program ‘Learn Your Fruit and Vegetables’ and give a child essential cooking skills for life.
Do Good with Real Food - Join Zynga.com!
Zynga will donate $1 US to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation for each new authenticated registration on Zynga.com, up to $10,000. Promo is expected to run May 7, 2013 to May 17, 2013. Dates may vary.
Want to get involved in Food Revolution Day itself on May 17? Head over to www.foodrevolutionday.com and search for an activity near you to join or host your own!
The Food Revolution Team
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’