Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Carrots with garlic yoghurt
snacks and sides | serves 6 as a side
Roasting brings out the lovely, sticky sweetness of carrots, which the garlic yoghurt counters nicely. This is great served with lentils or roasts.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place the carrots and garlic on a large baking tray. Add the coriander seeds, sherry vinegar and oil, and toss the carrots and garlic to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, until the carrots are tender and caramelised in places but still have some bite. Remove the garlic as it caramelises or if it looks like it’s burning.
3. Squeeze the garlic flesh from the skins and mash well. Mix through the yoghurt then serve in a bowl next to the roast carrots.
Per serving 156 cals, 9.1g fat (4g saturated), 4.6g protein, 12.1g carbs, 8g sugars
Recipe Susie Theodorou
Photo Anders Sconnemann
from Issue 26
ingredients• 750g small to medium carrots, halved lengthways
• 1 garlic bulb, separated into cloves and bashed, skins on
• 1 tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
• 1 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 300ml thick Greek-style yoghurt