Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Mexican refried beans
main courses | serves 4
1. In a large frying pan, heat some olive oil and fry the garlic, chilli and coriander stalks for 1–2 minutes, until the chilli is golden. Add the beans and peppers and season to taste. Fry for 15–20 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp.
2. Meanwhile, poach the eggs. Bring a large, wide pan of salted water to the boil. Quickly your eggs into the water - they'll need 3 minutes for a perfect result with slightly runny yolks.
3. Serve a spoonful of beans topped with a poached egg, chopped coriander leaves and a wedge of lime.
Recipe Georgie Socratous
Photo Sam Stowell
from Issue 12
ingredients• Olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
• 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked and stalks finely chopped
• 3 x 400g tins beans (cannellini, kidney, etc), drained
• 1 small jar of chargrilled peppers, drained and chopped
• 4 eggs
• 1 lime, cut into wedges