Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Smoked salmon toasts
starter | serves 6–8
It’s almost as easy to make this pretty dish for 20 people as it is for two. The bite of the radishes and fragrance of the dill elevate a quick snack to something really special.
1. Mash the avocado flesh with the crème fraîche until completely smooth. If you’re worried about it discolouring, add a small squeeze of lemon juice. Season with a little salt and ground black pepper, if you like. Toss the radish slices with the dill, vinegar and a little pinch of salt.
2. Spread the avocado over the crispbread or rye toast slices, then top with slices of salmon. Sprinkle over the radish slices, then finish with a scattering of the salad cress and leaves, and a drizzle of rapeseed oil. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving 200 cals, 10.1g fat (2.3g saturated), 10.5g protein, 14.2g carbs, 1.9g sugars
Recipe Union Jacks
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 29
ingredients• 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, flesh scooped out
• 1 tbsp crème fraîche
• 1 lemon
• 70g radishes, sliced
• 3 dill sprigs, fronds picked and chopped
• 1 tbsp cider vinegar
• 12–16 slices of crispbread or thinly sliced and toasted rye bread
• 200g smoked salmon
• ½ punnet salad cress
• A handful of red vein sorrel or other colourful baby leaves
• Rapeseed oil