Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Spaghetti & meatballs
main courses | serves 8–10
Give this classic a lift with a lighter tomato sauce with lots of basil stirred in
1. Gently sauté the sliced garlic in a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Once the garlic starts to colour, add the tomatoes, season well and leave the sauce to simmer.
2. Meanwhile, combine the pork, beef, crushed garlic, eggs, pine nuts, parsley and parmesan in a bowl. Squeeze the water out of the bread and break the bread into the bowl. Season and mix well, using your hands, then wet your hands and roll the mixture into portions the size of squash balls.
3. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. When the oil is very hot (to prevent the meatballs sticking), carefully add the meatballs and cook, in batches if necessary, for 6–8 minutes, gently moving them about the pan so they brown all over. Add more oil if they begin to stick. Once browned and cooked through, transfer the meatballs to the tomato sauce and leave to simmer.
4. Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain then add the pasta to the meatballs and sauce. Mix well and sprinkle with torn basil leaves and extra parmesan before serving.
Per serving 506 cals, 25.8g fat (10.1g saturated), 35.5g protein, 31.9g carbs, 2.7g sugars
Recipe Georgia Levy
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 17
ingredients• 4 garlic cloves (2 finely sliced, 2 crushed)
• Olive oil
• 2 x 400g tinned cherry tomatoes
• 500g beef mince
• 500g pork mince
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2 handfuls of pine nuts, toasted
• 4 tbsp chopped parsley
• 5 tbsp grated parmesan, plus extra, to serve
• 50g stale bread, soaked in warm water
• 1kg spaghetti
• Basil, to garnish