Jamie's Ricotta and Mascarpone Cheesecake

MAY 21 @ 22:19

by Macarena

On my Birthday my husband gave me Jamie's Kitchen. I was very happy! This was the first thing from the book I cooked.

I decorated it with oranges.

Here is the recipe:
500g shortcrust pastry
250g ricotta
250g mascarpone
zest of 3 oranges
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs (separate whites and yolks)
100g powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas 5. Roll out the pastry until cm thick and use it to line a 24cm tart tin. Leave in the freezer to rest for at least 20 minutes, or longer if you can.

Bake the pastry blind for around 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then remove, set aside, and reduce the oven temperature to 170C/325F/gas 3.

Mix ricotta, mascarpone, orange zest, vanilla extract and egg yolks in food processor. Beat the egg whites well and add to the mix.

Put the filling into the base and bake for 40-45 min.
Decorate with pilled oranges.

4 replies

Login or register to make a comment

MAY 22 @ 08:20

by Marie M.

Can you post the recipe, please?
Looks really yummy!!! I don't like cheese cake much usually, because it can have a strange overly fluffy texture and be quite bland if no fruit is added. But this one looks really nice and I like mascarpone so I'd love to give it a try (my family love cheese cake).

MAY 22 @ 14:38

by Macarena

Hello, Marie, I've just added the recipe to the post.
Enjoy your cooking!

MAY 23 @ 22:22

by Dave Barker

I am looking for a new pastry chef !... Fancy a job???

Another beautiful looking dish...

Dave B

MAY 31 @ 14:56

by Macarena

O, I'd love to get this job!!!

Pages: 1
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });