Dried Split Fava Bean Soup

JUL 21 @ 14:15

by JoyYamDaisy

I was pleased to buy dried, split, skinned fava beans - I hadn't done so well with the whole dry ones with the brown skin on, and that was several years ago. These looked lighter and easier.
I soaked them all day and then looked up the recipe I was sure I had for Moroccan soup called Bessara. I finally found my recipe, but it was for a dip!
So I used the same spices, but made a soup instead. I added a potato to make sure it would be comforting, and I used silverbeet leaves sliced thinly instead of the parsley and coriander that my garden just isn't growing quickly enough. (The herbs would have been better though.)
Warm spices: chilli, paprika and cumin, gave it colour and ras al hanout and lemon gave it a nice finish.
I wanted to make flatbread, but ended up with toast instead - but what a filling soup! it hardly needed accompaniment. And delicious.

1 reply

Login or register to make a comment

JUL 23 @ 21:02

by francognutti

I wrote to you in private email...

Pages: 1
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });