- Simple and speedy picnic ideas feature
Even though it’s hard work with a busy family – it’s so important to establish a routine around food as early as possible. That way, your kids know where they stand, they feel relaxed, and they have a chance to build up a hunger between meals, as well as giving them the time to look forward to them.
- Midnight one pan breakfast: Jamie Oliver video
Try this tactic – convince the kids that something is a treat by getting them to try it outside of mealtime. I find that post-bath period when they don’t want to go to bed works well for introducing bites of new veg!
- How to make elderflower vinegar feature
Farmer’s markets are a great way to inspire a child’s love of fruit and veg – they’ll learn about the seasons, and discover the colours, textures, sights and smells of food. Let them buy something new to try at home.
- Easy Tuna Pasta Bake video
I’m a total advocate of using real equipment with your kids, teaching them respect for the kitchen kit you use every day, but also inspiring and empowering them to hold their own when cooking – all properly supervised, of course!
- Ultimate simple smoothie recipes feature
There are so many great ways to get the kids excited about food – at home, we like to go in for a bit of edible art. Have a go at these cheeky-looking omelette monsters like our friend Laleh from Jacob’s Food Diaries.
- One Pot Chilli video
- Love your lentils feature
- How to eat: radishes feature
- 4 easy ways with Jersey Royals feature
- Batch cooking & freezer-friendly meals feature
- 7 ways with crumpets feature
- Hot cross buns 4 ways feature
- Store-cupboard cocktails feature
- 10 brilliant edible gifts by post feature
- Five ways with pappardelle feature
- Simple Easter bakes feature
- How to make Jamie and Buddy’s tin can soda bread feature
- 4 ways with Jamie’s hero pancake batter feature
- Recipes to reduce food waste feature
- Cutting food waste: the best-before myth feature
- What to do with a tin of tuna feature
- How to make the most of tinned food feature
- A Scottish feast for Burns Night feature
- Cookies for special occasions feature
- Christmas dinner for two feature
- Christmas snacks and nibbles feature
- Christmas breakfast recipes feature
- Simple Christmas dinner alternatives for smaller gatherings feature
- How to debone a turkey leg feature
- Warming winter drinks to enjoy outside feature
- New Year’s Eve small party picks feature
- How to get ahead for Christmas feature
- Flexible Christmas dinner ideas feature