forum: Gardening / Growing

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 29 Aug 07 12:51pm

CliveH

Member since Wed 29 Aug 07

Leg of Lamb and rib Marinade BBQ

I watched Jamie's prog last week and copied down the recipe there and then (thank you Sky+). I made the marinade on the Saturday, but couldn't get any fennel seeds, so I used fennel chopped up instead.  I marinaded the joints overnight, which I felt must improve things and cooked them the following morning in the oven, then BBQ'd them later.  The effect was stunning!  Everyone (about 20 people) at my BBQ was overflowing with praise about all the flavours.  I think the tomato ketchup was a masterstroke, it made everything sticky, like a good barbeque sauce should be.  I also made a syrup sponge pud to my own recipe, which although traditionally a winter pud, also went down well.  Mix well 110g of self raising flour, 55g veg suet, 100g butter, 100g brown sugar, 1½ teaspoons baking powder and two large eggs.  Spoon in two tblspoons of golden syrup into a buttered bowl, spoon in the mixture and steam for 1½ hours - lovely!! lol  thumbsup

Last edited by CliveH (Wed 29 Aug 07 12:59pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 29 Aug 07 2:11pm

saramartin

Occupation Office Worker
From Essex, UK
Member since Wed 08 Aug 07

Re: Leg of Lamb and rib Marinade BBQ

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 29 Aug 07 2:37pm

roseemma

Member since Fri 24 Aug 07

You couldn't put the recipe on hear for me could you PLEASE !!!! I couldn't write it down quick enough as i was feeding my baby .  smile

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 29 Aug 07 2:41pm

CliveH

Member since Wed 29 Aug 07

roseemma

I wrote it down off the telly, so don't whether it's legal or not, but in any case it's at home so I'll bring it tomorrow and write it up.

Clive

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 29 Aug 07 2:44pm

roseemma

Member since Fri 24 Aug 07

Clive

Just seen another post apparently can't put it on until Jamie's book has been released on september 6th !!! Many thanks though

roseemma smile

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 08 Sep 07 11:51am

crispin

Member since Sat 08 Sep 07

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 10 Aug 08 7:56pm

charmin

From Irvine, CA
Member since Sun 10 Aug 08

I bbq lamb frequently.  I made tbe bbq sauce recipe on the the Jamie At Home bbq show.   Since I had TIVO'ed the show I was able to follow the show during the preperation process.  I followed the directions by precooking a whole leg of lamb then finishing it on the rotisserie. The whole process was great fun and made for an interesting dinner party.  Whereas as the lamb was generously eaten, the consensus was that the bbq sauce was very rich tasting and overpowered the flavor of the lamb.  My opinion is that it might be better on ribs and I would not use it on chicken or lamb. 

I am an avid gardener and cook but never figured out how to put my hobbies together until I saw the Jamie at Home shows.  Brilliant!

Likes (0)

#8 Sun 07 Jun 09 10:15pm

rendall

Member since Sun 07 Jun 09

could someone put the recipe for the marinade he used on the ribs.
i didn't manage to get the whole thing.

Likes (0)