forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 27 Jul 09 3:07pm

kimprice97

Occupation HR Assistant
From North Petherton
Member since Mon 27 Jul 09

Jamies Italian Receipe Needed

I have been a massive fan of Jamie's for years and have almost all of his cookbooks. I can't wait to see his America Road Trip as I love some food they do out there!

I had a fabulous meal at Jamie's Italian in Bath on Saturday and I am desperatley trying to find the receipe so I can make it at home. I know there are many recipes out there for this but its the exact receipe I am trying to find! I hope someone can help! I am very fussy when it comes to spag bol and this was amazing down to the pasta they used! I tried to persuade my husband to go back for lunch the next day (as we were only in Bath for the weekend) but he would not let me  sad

JAMIE'S ITALIAN SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE
The old school classic ragú of beef, pork, herbs, chianti and parmesan with crunchy herby breadcrumbs.

Also the 'snappy music bread' with lemon and rosemary gremolata was fantastic - any receipes for the gremolta or where to buy the bread I would be most grateful!

Kim xxx

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 27 Jul 09 4:17pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Re: Jamies Italian Receipe Needed

A brief Google turned up these recipes, hope they're of use:

1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1 celery heart, finely chopped
1 large wineglass of red wine
1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2 x 400g tins good-quality plum tomatoes
3 slices of pancetta, cut into thin strips
300g minced beef
300g minced pork
a sprig of sage
olive oil
optional: 1/2 pint beef or chicken stock
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat your ragu pan and add a splash of olive oil.
Gently fry the pancetta for a couple of minutes.
Add the chopped onion, celery, carrot and garlic.
Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes until very soft.
Turn up the heat, add the wine and bring to a boil.
Add the tomatoes, meat and sage; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stir well, then cover and simmer gently for 1 hour, checking regularly and adding a little water or
stock if the mixture gets too dry.
Serve as a sauce over pasta or with some good bread and a nice green salad.

Gremolata is so simple to make and can transform dishes with its amazing zing and fragrance. The original gremolata is made with parsley, lemon and garlic - great with fish or risotto. This recipe works brilliantly with meat dishes.

2 sprigs of rosemary
1/2 an orange/lemon
1 clove of garlic

Pick all the leaves off of the rosemary sprig and place them on the board. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zest off of the orange (taking care not to take too much pith with you!), and add to the rosemary. Pick-up the mezzaluna, hold it with both hands, press it down firmly on to the rosemary and zest and rock it back and forth so the blade chops. Continue chopping for about 30 seconds or so.

Peel the garlic clove and with a small knife slice it up roughly on the side of the board. Mix it with the rosemary and orange zest and chop with the mezzaluna until everything is finely chopped and mixed together.

Sprinkle over the top of your meat dish after cooking to add a great tangy flavor. Delicious!

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 27 Jul 09 4:35pm

kimprice97

Occupation HR Assistant
From North Petherton
Member since Mon 27 Jul 09

Thank you but I am looking for Jamie's actual receipe .... is this it?

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 27 Jul 09 5:18pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland

Yep.

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 23 Aug 09 1:41pm

ula

Occupation Food blogger at foodwise.be and Graphic designer
From Belgium
Member since Wed 19 Aug 09

Hello, i eat at Jamie's Italian in Brighton last week and had a delicious pasta with italian sausage. Does anyone have the exact recipe? I have got some out of his books but they are not the same as in the restaurant. I just loved it there, i was sad i coudn't eat more. I wanted to try everything on the menu and has only one day !!!
Nice one Jamie!

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 23 Aug 09 1:53pm

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 24 Aug 09 11:23pm

ula

From Belgium

no, this one i have. In the restaurant they serve it with tomato sause and the sausages are torn appart. There was a herb in it and i cant recall wich one. (i had to write down the ingredients from the menu wink but that looks so silly wink

thanks for the help!

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 24 Aug 09 11:33pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/past … ge-fusilli  How about this one?  It's really good.

Likes (0)

#9 Sun 30 Aug 09 1:33pm

ula

From Belgium

yes, yes that the one, i think. now i only have to find a sausage resembling the italian or cumberland sausage and i'm on. Lovely! thanks for the help you guys !! clap

Likes (0)

#10 Sun 30 Aug 09 1:42pm

Allora Andiamo

Forum champ
Occupation Double Barrel Sheila
From Sauerkraut Country
Member since Mon 06 Oct 08

kimprice97 wrote:

Also the 'snappy music bread' with lemon and rosemary gremolata was fantastic - any receipes for the gremolta or where to buy the bread I would be most grateful!

Kim xxx

the bread you're referring to is called 'carta di musica' and you should be able find it in most italian deli's

Likes (0)