forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Mon 28 Dec 09 8:47am

Pie-and-Mash

Member since Sat 26 Dec 09

Re: PIE AND MASH (A traditional cockney delight)

Stella Heath wrote:

Interesting web, not only for the pie facts - the recipes page is vvery helpful for, eg., different pie crusts, different ways of preparing and serving fish - though, infortunately, eels are not readily available nowadays -, nutritional facts (cf. potatoes - not fattening!) and conversion table.

Well done, Pie-and-Mash thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup

Thanks for the vote of confidence Stella. There's a lot more work for me to do on the site (including adding the pie recipes, which will be up in the next few days).

Nay suggestions are most welcome  smile

Likes (0)

#12 Mon 28 Dec 09 8:51am

Pie-and-Mash

Member since Sat 26 Dec 09

TerryKay wrote:

Pie-and-Mash wrote:

Just to let you know that I have launched a new website dedicated to all things Pie and Mash for pie & mash lovers everywhere. It includes recipes, galleries, details of shops, a discussion forum and lots more.

Just go to: www.pie-and-mash.com

Speaking as a native, there's a lot of very good stuff on this site.
Does need a recipe for that doughy, almost chewy, almost melt in the mouth pie dough that sits in a full stomach to make you feel like a god, instead of uncomfortable and fat. Apart from that it's cool! clap  thumbsup  thumbsup

... and thanks Terry. A recipe for the pie base suet pastry will be on the site very soon and over the coming months I shall be experimenting with various experimental recipes for the pie and liquor to make them as authentic as possible.

Likes (0)

#13 Tue 29 Dec 09 5:33pm

Fiona01406

Member since Tue 29 Dec 09

why did you have to mention Pie & Mash????? Being an 'eastender' and now living in Canada, Pie & Mash does not exist out here....now you have me drooling & missing UK even more!!!!!

Likes (0)

#14 Tue 29 Dec 09 7:03pm

TerryKay

Forum champ
Occupation Beer Reviewer, Freelance Writer and Pole Dancer at Peppermint Hippo.
From London
Member since Sun 06 Dec 09

Fiona01406 wrote:

why did you have to mention Pie & Mash????? Being an 'eastender' and now living in Canada, Pie & Mash does not exist out here....now you have me drooling & missing UK even more!!!!!

Sorry Fiona.
If somebody comes up with an authentic recipe though, we'll be laughing wherever in the world we are.
POWER TO THE PIE PEOPLE!!! big_smile

Likes (0)