2 parts Bacardi Dark rum
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
1 splash water
1-2 tsp sugar/a sugar cube
1. Add the sugar cube/granulated sugar and Angostura Bitters to a rocks glass with a single ice cube
2. Stir the mix until the ice cube has melted enough to dissolve the sugar – if you're using a sugar cube you'll need to crush it
3. Add another 3 to 4 ice cubes and half of the Bacardi Dark rum then stir for around 60 seconds
4. Top up the glass with more ice and add the rest of the Bacardi Dark rum, then stir for another 60 seconds
5. Cut a piece of orange peel about the size of your thumb (be careful not to bend it yet). Hold the piece of orange peel over the glass and bend it to release some oil into the drink
6. Add the orange peel to the drink, stir a couple more times and serve. It's well worth the wait
Drinks Tube Recipe
Top keyword searches
Popular recipes this week
Popular recipe categories
Give the Old fashioned a little twist with some dark rum. It goes perfectly with the zesty orange to make a deeply-flavoured short cocktail.
BUYING SUSTAINABLY SOURCED FISH
Buying sustainably sourced fish means buying fish that has been caught without endangering the levels of fish stocks and with the protection of the environment in mind. Wild fish caught in areas where stocks are plentiful are sustainably sourced, as are farmed fish that are reared on farms proven to cause no harm to surrounding seas and shores.
When buying either wild or farmed fish, ask whether it is sustainably sourced. If you're unable to obtain this information, don't be afraid to shop elsewhere – only by shopping sustainably can we be sure that the fantastic selection of fish we enjoy today will be around for future generations.
For further information about sustainably sourced fish, please refer to the useful links below:
Marine Stewardship Council