1. Put 6 wooden skewers into a tray of cold water to soak – this will stop them from burning.
2. On a chopping board, cut the halloumi into 2cm cubes, then add to a large mixing bowl.
3. Carefully cut the pepper in half from top to bottom, then trim away the stalk, seeds and any white pith (you can use teaspoon to do this), then slice into 2cm pieces and add to the bowl.
4. Cut the courgette in half lengthways, then cut into half-moon slices, roughly ½cm thick, then add to the bowl along with the tomatoes.
5. Pick the mint leaves onto a board and finely chop them, discarding the stalks.
6. Carefully deseed and finely chop the chilli, if using.
7. Use a microplane to finely grate the lemon zest onto a board, then add to the bowl along with the mint leaves, chilli (if using), and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
8. Season with a pinch of pepper, then mix well to coat.
9. Preheat the grill to high.
10. Lightly grease a baking tray with oil, then put aside.
11. Thread and divide the halloumi cubes, cherry tomatoes, pepper and courgette pieces
between the skewers.
12. Place onto the greased tray and cook under the grill for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and the veg are soft, turning halfway through.
13. Serve with a fresh green salad and some flatbreads or pittas.