1. Add plenty of ice and all of your ingredients to a shaker or stirring glass
2. If you're using a shaker, tilt it backwards and forwards a few times to mix the ingredients without making the drink frothy. If you're stirring, you can do so vigorously
3. Pour the mix into a glass. Top up with fresh ice if it's not quite full
4. Add your garnishes. Any fresh herbs and a celery stick work well
5. Tabasco tip: if you're making Bloody Marys for a group of people, make a jug without spice and let people add their own Tabasco. Some like it hot, others not so much!