Who doesn’t love a beautiful, delicious chocolate brownie? These step-by-step Jamie Oliver brownies are totally foolproof.
These Jamie Oliver brownies can be whipped up in under an hour, and they are great on their own or with toppings – vanilla ice cream, toffee popcorn and toasted nuts are all great, but go mad and try any combo you can think of! The trick is to trust your oven and leave to cool completely before before slicing for that amazing crisp outside and gooey middle. Heaven!
Find the link to the full recipe for these brownies at the bottom of this step-by-step feature.
- First things first: grease and line the baking tray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter with a pinch of sea salt over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring regularly. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly. Stir in the sour cherries and chopped nuts, if using.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder together with the baking powder and sugar, then whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the melted chocolate and stir together well.
- Crack the eggs into the batter and mix until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for 25 minutes, or until crisp on the outside but still gooey in the middle – they’ll firm up as they cool, so be careful not to overbake them.
- Allow to cool in the tray, then cut into chunky squares. Delicious served with a dollop of crème fraîche.
Find the full recipe for these Jamie Oliver brownies here.
Here’s a video you might find useful.
Feeling inspired to get baking? The Jamie Oliver Shop has a full range of beautiful bakeware that will cover anything from these gooey brownies to the fluffiest Yorkshire puds! Click here to take a look.