What they mean for you
When do other terms apply?
When you use Jamie's restaurants websites or the cookery school website, which will have their own terms.
Ok – let’s get started
The Site is owned and operated by Jamie Oliver Limited (which we just call ‘we’ or ‘us’ here – to keep things short and simple). Jamie Oliver Limited is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales (company number 03822122). Our registered office is at our lovely HQ over in Benwell House, 15-21 Benwell Road, London N7 7BL, England.
Using our Site
The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
While using our Site, you have to be nice. That means you agree you won’t:
- do anything illegal – for example, you can’t post or upload anything offensive or obscene
- infringe other peoples’ (including our!) rights – for example, use our brands, trade marks or logos without our permission (more on that below) or charge others for our content or services
- reduce the use and enjoyment of the Site by anyone else – including (but not limited to) doing anything which is libellous (damages the reputation of someone), breaches anyone's privacy, or which may harass, cause real distress or inconvenience to any person
- promote or threaten violence against anyone or advance criminal activities, including terrorism, human trafficking or modern slavery
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your connection or affiliation with a person or entity (including us or Jamie Oliver!), or otherwise solicit, collect or store (or attempt to solicit, collect or store) personal information about other Site users.
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site
- copy or modify the HTML code used to generate web pages on the Site
- use any device, software, or procedure that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site
- take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure
- modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any portion of the Site
- disrupt or otherwise interfere with the Site or the networks or servers we use.
Be warned that if you breach these Terms, then in looking into the breach we may use your personal details to phone or email you to find out more, or to share our concerns. We may issue you with a formal warning or we may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, or any terms or policies to which they refer to, or any applicable law.
Also, if you choose to access the Site from locations outside the UK and The Republic of Ireland, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
We want everyone to be able to use and enjoy the Site so our aim to make it as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties or comments using the Site, or need a form in a different format please contact us here.
Using our content
We own the Site. We also own, or license (that means someone else owns it but has given us their permission to it), all the content that’s submitted to or found on the Site (let’s just call all that ‘Content’ from now on) that includes (but is not limited to):
- recipes, images, photos, artwork, videos, audio or other multimedia content,
- our logos and trade marks, including the trade marks “Jamie Oliver”, “Jamie’s Ministry of Food” and “Jamie’s Food Revolution”
- software and technical elements such as metadata and code
- the design, arrangement and look and feel of the Site
- and information or material submitted to or on the Site (other than Contributions and your personal information)
- anything else that’s protected by copyright.
We (and our licensors) reserve all of our (and their) rights in any intellectual property in connection with the Content. This means, for example, that we (and they) remain owners of them and free to use them as we (and they) see fit.
It also means that if you want to use any Content you need our (or our Licensor’s) permission (unless you’re using it for your personal use or using the Sharing Function (more on that one below). Without such permission you may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, store (including on any other website), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way any of the Site's material or Content, or permit or assist anyone else to do the same. You must also not adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
Can I get permission?
As you can imagine, we receive a large number of requests from people and organisations that wish to use our Content (not to mention recipes from Jamie’s cookbooks).
You may request permission by using this form. However, please note that due to the large number of requests we receive it may take us a while to get back to you. Also, permission can only be granted in certain circumstances and sometimes we won't be able to give you permission. Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site.
Using the Sharing Function
Content which you can share without our permission will show one or more of these options next to it:
- ‘Share this recipe’
- Social media buttons for posting to Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter etc
- You’ll still need to get our permission first for any business use
- When you share to a social media platform their terms will apply and it’s your responsibility to make sure you comply with them - think before you share
- You can’t remove any of our branding or logos
- You can’t remove or change our credits or make it look like someone else made it
- If not already included, add a hyperlink to the Content’s original location on the Site
- You can’t add any branding, logos and so on, except for any branding that’s already within the Content
- You can’t mix our Content with anything harmful, offensive or illegal (that includes anything that would harm our reputation!)
- You can't charge others for using our Content
- You can’t make it more prominent than non-Jamie Oliver content around it or otherwise make it look like we’re endorsing you or affiliated with you
- You can’t make a website/app or offer any service of your own that contains only our Content
- You can’t associate our Content with anyone else’s advertising or sponsorship or make it look like we’re endorsing or have a special relationship with anyone else
- You can’t put ads over our Content or change it in any way
- You are liable for anything that might happen to you as a result of using the Sharing Function
Sharing information on the SiteIf you use any functionality this Site makes available that allows you to leave comments, please note that people may respond to these comments and that such responses may be abusive, untrue or unpleasant. Please be careful when using any messaging or commenting function not to reveal personal information such as your home or work contact details, your last name or where you live.
When submitting any inquiries via our “Contact Us” page or by email or other means via the Site, you should not include any juicy stuff – no sensitive personal information, patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes, or any other information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable (we’ll call these “Unwanted Information”). If you do submit any Unwanted Information to us, you agree that we may use any Unwanted Information as we see reasonably fit on a free-of-charge basis. We will not be legally responsible for keeping any Unwanted Information confidential and will not be legally responsible to you or anybody else for any use of such Unwanted Information.
Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we can’t promise that it always will be. We also can’t promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. If you rely on any of the information on this Site, it’s at your own risk.
Our Content is provided for your enjoyment only and to inform you about Jamie Oliver’s products, news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. None of it is nutritional, technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and you shouldn’t rely on it for any purposes.
While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use 24/7 (hey, we want to be here when you need that cookie recipe for your midnight snack), we can’t promise that the Site will be available at all times and we don’t promise that your use of it will be uninterrupted. Also, while we hope never to do so, we can suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
‘Sign-up to JamieOliver.com’
This part of the Terms applies to www.jamieoliver.com only so when we talk about ‘the Site’ in this section we mean www.jamieoliver.com.
You agree and confirm that if you sign-up for an account, you are 18 years old or over. We reserve the right to ask for written proof of age or eligibility from you. If we discover or suspect that you do not comply with the age requirements, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account immediately. Where there are any other restrictions or eligibility requirements, these will be set out on the Site.
Keep your log in details confidential. You must not disclose them to any third party. It’s your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password and you’re responsible for all activity that occurs under your account. We are unable to check the identity of people signing into accounts and we won’t be liable if someone else uses your password to log into your account.
You should make sure you are the only person using your account. If any unauthorised person uses your account or any other breach of security happens – please let us know as soon as you become aware of it.
Please note that we can suspend or terminate your account or access to any part of the Site at any time if you breach these Terms or if we need to for any technical reasons. We also reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or any part of it at any time and without notice or liability to you.
If you no longer wish to have an account, you may terminate your account by following the “Cancel my Account” link on your profile page.
Sign-up to our newsletters
Some of our Sites may give you the option to sign-up to our Newsletters. You can decide not to receive these emails at any time in the Subscription Centre, which can be accessed by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of our emails or by clicking 'Change contact preferences' in your profile (if you have a jamieoliver.com account). If you're having any issues unsubscribing please email email@example.com.
You may also be subscribed to news, offers and communications from Jamie’s Italian Limited, other Jamie Oliver restaurants or Jamie Oliver’s Cookery School). If you wish to unsubscribe from their communications you can follow the unsubscribe link in their emails.
Jamie Oliver Shop
Hyperlinks and third party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites including (but not only):
- selected supermarket websites, via the ‘Shop this Recipe’ function (more on that below)
- social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter
- third party advertising
If we show any hyperlink and reference to any third party website it doesn’t mean that we endorse that third party's website, products or services. If you use a third party site you are subject to the terms and conditions of that site.
Each individual advertiser is solely responsible for the content of its advertising material on the Site. We accept no responsibility for individual advertisers’ content, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy.
‘Shop this Recipe’
Subject to availability and depending on your location, you may be given the option to purchase products from selected retailers through the ‘Shop this Recipe’ function of the Site.
‘Shop this Recipe’ will automatically add the ingredients to an online shopping basket with your chosen retailer. You will then be transferred to the website of your selected retailer to review and complete your purchase. If you use this function, you acknowledge and agree that you will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of that retailer’s website. You may also be required to hold an account with that retailer before you can progress with your purchase.
Please note that all products are subject to availability. Where a product is out of stock, an alternative product may be recommended by the retailer. We won’t be held responsible for the availability or suitability of the products you purchase and we urge you to carefully review the content of your shopping basket before proceeding with any purchase.
If you decide to purchase any products, goods, or services from any selected retailer website, you do so entirely at your own risk and we will not be held responsible for any mistakes or discrepancies that may appear in your shopping basket.
Limitation on our liability
Now for the boring stuff - except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that:
(a) were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed (which means any losses that neither you nor us could reasonably anticipate when the Terms were entered into); or
(b) that were not caused by any breach on our part
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
No one other than you and us has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. You are important to us. We have a friendly complaint handling procedure but you need to tell us first why you may be unhappy with us please contact us here as soon as possible. If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we will:
- let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- give you certain information required by law about our alternative dispute resolution provider. You may also use the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform to resolve the dispute with us. For more details, please visit the website on the 'Your Europe' portal: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/
These Terms were last updated on 29 July 2019.
We may vary these Terms from time to time without advance notice (usually that’ll be because we add a new feature to the Site but it might also just be because we’ve spotted a typo - we hate typos!). Our updated terms will be displayed on the Site and if you continue to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by the latest version. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time for such variations (think of it as another excuse to visit us!).
About these Terms
These Terms apply to all ‘Contributions’ made to Jamie Oliver Limited and/or our direct and indirect affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, ‘we’ or ‘us’). A ‘Contribution’ is something you make and submit to us, it includes:
- posts from social media accounts
- videos and clips
- competition entries
- all other ‘user-generated content’ (that means, content you make)
When do these Terms apply
You agree to these Terms if you upload a Contribution to one of our websites, mobile sites, or social media pages (including Jamie’s personal social media accounts - each called a ‘Website’ from here on) or if you submit a Contribution in response to a request from us.
For example, if you post a selfie on your (public) Instagram account of you covering your eyes with the hashtag #AdEnough in response to a call out from Jamie’s Instagram account, or if you call/text/tweet us during one of our live programmes – you choose to allow us to use your Contribution and these Terms will apply.
Needless to say, if you don’t agree with anything in these Terms, or wish to keep any content, information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary to you, do not post them to the Website, respond to our requests, or otherwise submit them to us.
What we can do with you Contribution
We do not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Contribution. That means you keep all ownership rights in your Contribution and, although we will be able to use the Contribution as set out in these Terms, you will also have the right to use your Contribution in any way you choose. If we ever plan to acquire ownership of your Contribution this will be made clear on the relevant Website (or in the relevant campaign) and you will then be able to choose whether to provide your Contribution on that basis.
In ‘legal speak’, the two paragraphs above mean that if you submit a Contribution to us, you are granting us an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide licence to use, publish and/or transmit, and to authorise third-parties to use, publish and/or transmit your Contribution including without limitation any social media identifier, handle, profile picture, image, likeness, posts, statements or other information provided by you, in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed in connection with our marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
You agree that this includes the right for us to make such Contribution available to other companies, organisations or individuals who partner with us for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of your Contribution on other media and services, subject always to these Terms. You also agree that in the event we receive any royalties, compensation or other payments associated with exercising the rights granted to us under these Terms, you can’t claim any right to any portion of such royalties, compensation or other payments.
Conditions that apply to your Contributions
Before you submit a Contribution to us, you must make sure:
- that you are 18 years or older;
- that if children are featured in the Contribution, you are the parent/guardian with legal responsibility of any minors depicted in the Contribution and have their permission to include them
- that the Contribution is original to you and does not infringe the copyright, intellectual property, or any other right of any person or company
- that the Contribution is not defamatory, obscene or sexually oriented, abusive, vulgar, offensive, indecent, harassing, threatening
- that the Contribution is not in contempt of court
- that the Contribution does not promote or threaten violence toward anyone or advance criminal activities, including terrorism, human trafficking or modern slavery
- that the Contribution does not breach any person's privacy and you have the rights from any and all persons and/or companies appearing in such Contribution to use their names, images or likenesses
- that nothing in the Contribution constitutes illegal activity or conduct that could give rise to liability or encourage others to take part in criminal conduct or conduct that could give rise to liability
- that the Contribution does not include an advertisement, promotion, commercial solicitation, contest or survey
- that the Contribution does not contain, transmit or disseminate spam, chain letters, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another's computer, the Website, or any software, hardware or other related equipment
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to edit any Contribution and to choose to include, not include or remove a Contribution from our Website or any other materials where the Contribution may appear.
You agree that we are not responsible for, and have no liability for any Contribution submitted by you or other users and published by us or by authorised third parties.
You agree to hold harmless and release us, along with our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, assigns, licensees and successors, from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action (collectively ‘claims’) that you or your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on your behalf or on behalf of your estate have or may have, whether now in in the future, relating to the use of your Contribution, including without limitation, any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, rights of publicity or copyright, or any other right you may have.
Please contact us at via this form if you have any questions or concerns about a Contribution or about these Terms.
These Terms were last updated on 28 November 2018. We may vary these Terms from time to time without advance notice. Our updated terms will be displayed on the Website and each time you submit a Contribution to us, you agree to be bound by the latest version.
#NakedChef20 Cook Up competition
These terms were last updated on 7 Aug 2019
- The following terms and conditions apply to the #NakedChef20 Cook Up (‘Competition’) to be run by Jamie Oliver Limited (‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’) on Facebook in August 2019.
- The Competition is open to persons aged 18 years or over who reside in the United Kingdom except:
a. employees of us or our affiliated companies;
b. employees of agents or suppliers of us or our holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the Competition or its administration; or
c. members of the immediate families or households of (a) or (b) above.
- We are conducting one prize draw for this Competition. Entries received after the closing date will not be valid. The opening date for entries is 12:00pm BST on 8 August 2019 and the closing date for entries is 11.59pm BST on 12 August 2019.
- To enter this competition, each entrant will be required to comment, on our post about the competition on our Facebook page entitled “Jamie Oliver” with handle “@jamieoliver” and accessible at https://www.facebook.com/jamieoliver/, with a photograph of a recipe they have cooked from a Jamie Oliver cookbook on Facebook. Entries must show the entrants’ cooked dish next to the photograph of that recipe in the Jamie Oliver Cookbook.
- Five winner(s) will be selected for the Competition.
- An entrant may submit multiple entries to the Competition but is only eligible to win a maximum of one Prize.
- Each winner will be chosen by a panel including us and a person who is independent from us, based on the cooked dishes that look most delicious and most like the photograph of the recipe in the Jamie Oliver cookbook of those entries validly submitted under these terms, and within 5 business days of the closing date for the Competition at Benwell House, 15-21 Benwell Road, London, N7 7BL.
- The winners of the Competition will be notified by direct, private message to the Facebook account they used to enter the competition within 5 business days of the winners being selected. Within 10 business days of receiving that notification, the winners must reply to confirm they have received that notification and, if required by us, provide all information that we require including a postal address to claim their Prize. We will only post the Prize to an address within the UK. If a winner does not reply by private message on Facebook providing all requested information to us within 10 business days of receiving our private message, then the winner will forfeit the Prize and we will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- Each winner will receive one Jamie Oliver cookbook (‘Prize’). The Prize may or may not be the same cookbook from which the entrant cooked the recipe featured in their winning entry.
- The Prize will be posted to the winner within 28 calendar days of responding to us in accordance with paragraph 8.
- Each entrant’s chance of winning will depend on the number of entries received by other entrants and on the quality of their entry as explained in paragraph 7.
- We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault (including a technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure) of any kind.
- The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. A purchase will not improve the participant’s chances of winning.
- We reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the Competition if it becomes necessary to do so.
- Entries must not be defamatory, pejorative, violent, abusive, sexual, illegal or promote illegal activity, false, harassing, obscene, contain profanities, promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm, and must comply with rules on the platform on which they are posted. Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners of the Competition or accept any liability for any loss or damage occurring as a result of receiving the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of us, our agents or distributors. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The Prize:
a. is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered; and
b. does not include any costs for travel required by the winner to claim their Prize. The winner is responsible for any and all costs of any travel required to claim their Prize.
- The Promoter of the Competition is Jamie Oliver Limited of Benwell House, 15-21 Benwell Road, London, N7 7BL, United Kingdom. Any complaints in relation to the conduct of this Competition by the Promoter should be lodged with the Promoter at this address.