This super simple step-by-step guide shows you how to make a herb brush to really pimp your meat dishes – whether for a hot summer barbecue, or a warming winter roast! Nail this easy technique and take your meat to the next level with gorgeous woody flavours that the whole family will love.
All you need is a selection of sturdy, woody herbs like rosemary, sage, bay leaves, oregano or thyme, a wooden spoon and some string or twine. This is how it’s done:
- Gather your chosen herbs, a wooden spoon and some twine
- Start to arrange the herbs around the end of the wooden spoon
- Keep the herbs in hand, place the end of the twine under your thumb and begin to wrap the twine tightly around the herbs
- Snip the end of the twine and tie a knot to fasten
- Dip the herbs in oil then brush it all over your meat to get the most out of those lovely woody flavours
And if you want to get to know your herbs better, here’s a masterclass from Jamie’s Food Team: