This super simple step-by-step guide shows you how to make a herb brush to really pimp your meat dishes – whether for a hot summer barbecue, or a warming winter roast! Nail this easy technique and take your meat to the next level with gorgeous woody flavours that the whole family will love.
All you need is a selection of sturdy, woody herbs like rosemary, sage, bay leaves, oregano or thyme, a wooden spoon and some string or twine. This is how it’s done:
- Gather your chosen herbs, a wooden spoon and some twine
- Start to arrange the herbs around the end of the wooden spoon
- Keep the herbs in hand, place the end of the twine under your thumb and begin to wrap the twine tightly around the herbs
- Snip the end of the twine and tie a knot to fasten
- Dip the herbs in oil then brush it all over your meat to get the most out of those lovely woody flavours