Golden crispy breadcrumbs
Sides of salmon are often on offer in the supermarket – it’s simply one of the realities of the fish farming industry that, due to variations in supply and demand, there’ll be surpluses. So when you see salmon on offer, take advantage of that great value!
– You can apply this breadcrumbing principle to prawns, chicken, veg, or even chunks of halloumi or feta cheese.
– I’ve made fresh breadcrumbs in this recipe, but if you’ve got stale ones, use them, that’s no problem at all.
BOOST YOUR BREADCRUMBS:
– Try blitzing garlic and fresh or dried herbs like rosemary, oregano or thyme into your crumbs.
– A small handful of porridge oats will add lovely texture.
– Chuck in some nuts for extra nutritional benefit, think almonds, cashews or pine nuts.
– A couple of anchovy fillets would be delicious.
– Add a sprinkling of dried red chilli flakes if you like a bit of heat.