Loads of veg & oozy melted cheese
- Feel free to use fresh or dried oregano, marjoram, or even a little chopped fresh rosemary instead of basil in the tomato sauce.
- If you’ve only got one tin of tomatoes, don’t worry, just add a bit more water to stretch your sauce further.
- You could, of course, use mozzarella on your pizza, or even a nice crumbling of feta cheese.
- Add capers or chopped destoned olives to your tomato sauce for some tasty flavour bombs.
- Smoked bacon, anchovy or even tinned tuna in your ratatouille would be delicious.
- You can get ahead with this one by either assembling the whole thing in advance, ready to cook up for lunch or dinner, or even baking off the pastry and making the ratatouille, ready to assemble and bake when you want it.