Garlic, chilli & frozen peas
– Instead of prawns, try pan-fried mushrooms, or roasted peppers (simply halve and deseed, then roast at 180°C for 30 minutes).
– This simple recipe is super versatile, and is also delicious made with gently simmered squid, shrimp, or, if you can find it on a good deal, the meat from half a dressed crab, in place of the prawns.
– Tinned fish also works well, if that’s what you have to hand. Simply flake in tuna, salmon or crab for a speedy flavour hit – just make sure it’s from sustainable sources.
– Replace the chilli with a handful of mixed-colour olives, or leave it out altogether.
– Add a handful of frozen broad beans to boost your veg count.
– A handful of fresh or frozen spinach is also fantastic in this dish.