Mexican-style food at its best
– I’m using leftover pork here, but it could be chicken or fish, or you can go all-out veggie.
– Go for spring onions, shallots or leek in place of the red onion, if you like.
– Cajun seasoning is great because it’s a blend so you get a lot of flavour from one ingredient. Feel free to try this recipe with other spice blends, too.
– Swap out black beans for black-eyed beans, pinto, kidney or even cannellini.
– Use soft tortillas or pitta breads in place of taco shells, if that’s what you’ve got.
– With the quick pickle, use any crunchy veg, like white or red cabbage, or carrots.
– You can finish with crème fraîche or cottage cheese instead of yoghurt, no problem.