With spaghetti sauce
– I’ve used pork mince here, but feel free to use any combination of minced meat, such as lamb, beef and game.
– If you don’t have carrots, use any crunchy root veg.
– When it comes to herbs, I’ve gone for dried oregano, but please have the confidence to use whatever you’ve got.
– Chopped tomatoes will work in the sauce if you don’t have passata.
– Same goes for the type of cheese and pasta – let the recipe flex to suit you. And if you don’t have pasta, serve the meatloaf with rice, mashed potato or bread.
– If you can’t get an egg, don’t worry. Just work the mince by scrunching it with clean hands and that will help it stick together.