Golden puff & herby mixed mushrooms
– You can use leeks if you can’t get hold of onions.
– I like to use a mixture of mushrooms, but just one type also works great.
– No mushrooms? No problem. You can use peppers, carrots or even frozen peas instead.
– If you can’t get puff pastry, try shortcrust or filo pastry, or even make your own.
– I’ve used chicken thighs here, but if you’ve got breasts or leftovers, happy days.
– I’ve gone for fresh thyme, but you could swap for fresh rosemary, sage or bay. Or use dried, if that’s what you’ve got.
– Swap the chicken for a mixture of beautiful veggies, such as celeriac, spinach or leeks. You could even crumble in a little blue cheese, if you fancy it.
– Butternut squash, new potatoes and cherry tomatoes would also be delicious, like in my Summer veg blanket pie.
ON THE SIDE
– Serve with wilted greens or a leafy salad for a veg-packed lunch.