Crispy topping & quick carrot raita
- When it comes to the leftovers, use what you’ve got. I’m going for lamb here, but you could use cooked chicken or beef, or even go veggie.
- On the veg front, broccoli, courgettes, potato, squash or even beets would be delicious here instead of the cauliflower, basically anything that roasts well.
- Use any curry paste you can get your hands on, or you could swap in 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Tinned chickpeas are a great store cupboard staple and work really well in this recipe. If you’ve got the jarred variety they’re even better.
- Saffron is expensive and if you don’t have it, don’t worry – use a pinch of turmeric instead, or even a squirt of tomato paste and a pinch of spice.
- For the topping, I’m using leeks for my missus, but of course use onions if you’ve got them, which is more traditional. You could use peanuts in place of cashews.
- On the raita, feel free to use cucumber, beetroot or radish in place of carrots, or a mixture.