a few sprigs of fresh woody herbs, such as sage, thyme, rosemary
12 higher-welfare chipolata sausages
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1-2 teaspoons runny honey
Tap For Method
The cost per serving below is generated by Whisk.com and is based on costs in individual supermarkets. For more information about how we calculate costs per serving read our FAQS
Jamie's Easy Christmas Countdown
By Jamie Oliver
Tap For Ingredients
1. Working one at a time, lay the bacon out on a board and run the sharp side of your knife along the length of the rasher to stretch it out – this will make it even crispier.
2. Dot with a few herb leaves, then place a sausage at one end and roll the bacon around it until it’s totally wrapped up. Place in a roasting tray and repeat till they’re all done.
ON THE DAY
1. Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/gas 4 for 30 minutes, or until golden, gnarly and cooked through.
2. Using a fish slice, scrape the pigs in blankets from the bottom of the tray, leaving them in there, then add the Worcestershire sauce and give it a good shake, scraping all that sticky goodness from the bottom of the tray.
3. Drizzle in the honey, then place on a medium heat on the hob and bring to the boil until caramelised, shaking continuously to coat. Serve immediately.