Crispy chickpeas, sweet potatoes & slaw
– Unlike white potatoes, sweet potatoes count as one of your 5-a-day. Get in!
– Replace the chicken with some delicious roast peppers. Simply halve and deseed, then roast alongside the potatoes and chickpeas for the last 30 minutes.
– You can absolutely use chicken thighs or portions here instead of a whole chicken, simply adjust the cooking time accordingly, 40 minutes should be about right, but use your instinct and make sure that they’re cooked through and the juices run clear.
– Unlike white potatoes, sweet potatoes count towards your 5-a-day, however you can use normal baking potatoes, if you prefer.
– You can use any type of cabbage to make this slaw, or swap the apples for pears. Plus, a bit of finely sliced red onion will give it an extra edge.
– Any soft fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, basil or coriander, would be tasty, or use a handful of rocket for a peppery vibe.
JAMIE'S FIVE WAYS WITH HARISSA
Use up the rest of your jar with these tasty ideas...
1. Add a spoonful to burger mince.
2. Rub it over veg before roasting (cauli, aubergine and squash)
3. Marble it through soup.
4. Swirl it through houmous.
5. Try it in a marinade (steak, fish or tofu).