forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#3331 Sat 15 Jan 11 1:06am

abba471

Member since Fri 14 Jan 11

Re: A message for the Oliver Family.

Hello i have a doughnut dropper (ring) size and have lost my recipe card with the how to make the mixture on it can you help me please? thumbsup

Last edited by abba471 (Sat 15 Jan 11 1:08am)

Likes (0)

#3332 Sat 15 Jan 11 8:01am

Sabs

Forum champ
Member since Mon 09 Aug 04

Hi Abba, welcome here. You might find a quicker answer if you post your question on the Recipe forum than here on the Leftovers. Good luck with the doughnuts.
smile

Yep Frizz, true about mrs. D. Would be nice to add her on skype too. xx

Likes (0)

#3333 Sat 15 Jan 11 11:08am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

Sabs Im pretty sure she skypes coz she was after me to get a web cam & microphone set up.. never happened..

Likes (0)

#3334 Sat 05 Feb 11 11:33pm

Kirsten

Forum champ
Member since Thu 06 Jan 05

Wow, first visit here in ages and I'm amazed and delighted to see the thread still going.  Hope everyone is well, remember happy days chatting to Kath (Kaffa), sabs, kittenclaws, Mrs Gibba et al.

Likes (0)

#3335 Sat 05 Feb 11 11:52pm

Kirsten

Forum champ

Just been reading back over the early posts and spotted that I was 32.  Now I'm almost 38.  It has been too long.  This is a lovely forum, I've let facebook take over but the chat here is better than brief comments on status.

Likes (0)

#3336 Mon 07 Feb 11 10:13am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
From Wallerawang, Oz

Hi Kirsten!

Yes we did used to have some deep & meaningfuls in here.. a real sharing caring time indeed.. I miss the old forums.. still here at least once a week but its just not the same..

can you believe that my kids are 10 & 7???

OMG!  shocked

How is everything in your corner of the world?

Likes (0)

#3337 Thu 10 Feb 11 11:14pm

Kirsten

Forum champ

Hard when your baby grows up!

I'm great. My kids are now 3 and almost 7.  Changed jobs since then, about a 45 min commute but still a 4 day week, just like hubby, so good work-life balance as they say, and I love my job, despite our government's assault on the public sector.  Cook new JO recipes when I can but the roast dinner is always the greatest family hit, and the gravy (a la Ministry of Food) means Lauren sneakily gets veg she wouldn't normally eat, being a fussy girl despite best efforts.

Were you affected by any of the natural / weather disasters affecting Oz this year?  We went from gloating over the Ashes (as you do) to feeling really sad over what people were going through.  I just googled your place and the scenery looks amazing: http://www.tourism.lithgow.com/bushwalks.html

So who else is still around from the old days?

Likes (0)

#3338 Fri 11 Feb 11 11:41am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
From Wallerawang, Oz

Stefanie pops into her thread (silk road) occasionally, Sabs very rarely, I get the odd email every year or so from Mercs, there is a thread somewhere that a few of us pop into .. I think Kiwi Kris started it.. its called "Nora's Kitchen" - do you remember when we all hung out in the dinner ladies website for a while before it was shut down.. this is a follow on from that.

No we are so geographically lucky.. safe from fire, flood & cyclones.. have had a few flood & fire things in our area but really very minor.

Yes we do live in a lovely area.. so lucky..

Nice that you have some balance.. Im getting there.. got my licence last year & went back to work for the first time since the kids were born.. I feel a bit more sane now.. except when the house is really trashed..  roll

Likes (0)

#3339 Tue 27 Dec 11 9:09pm

Sabs

Forum champ
Member since Mon 09 Aug 04

Happy New Year to mama D. and to everyone who walked in here throughout all these years.

smile

Likes (0)

#3340 Tue 27 Dec 11 9:32pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
From Wallerawang, Oz

SABS!

How wonderful.. I get so excited on the odd occasion this thread pops up..

Hope everyone had a great christmas & wish everyone every blessing for the new year

Likes (0)