forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#3981 Wed 30 May 12 12:39pm

falconcy

Forum champ
Occupation Project Manager
From Limassol, Cyprus
Member since Tue 19 Dec 06

Re: Website/forum: issues and complaints?

Sandy wrote:

Hi Danny,

Using Windows Internet Explorer and version 7.

Sandy

Hi Sandy;

Most developers no longer support IE7 - the Current version is IE9 with IE10 currently in beta testing. This is a 6 year old web browser. You are actually missing out as all the newer browsers support more features and a more rich web experience. Moving to Google Chrome or Firefox it is likely the first thing you notice is that they are a lot faster.

Likes (0)

#3982 Wed 30 May 12 1:17pm

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Thanks Falconcy

Likes (0)

#3983 Wed 30 May 12 6:49pm

cannyfradock

Occupation Builder (bricklayer/ stonemason)
From S.Wales.
Member since Sat 10 Oct 09

Danny wrote:

cannyfradock wrote:

HI guys.....I have a Blog question...

For the last few years, if there was anything I done worth sharing I would make a blog of it here. Since the re-shuffle of the blog page I have noticed that some of my blogs have been split or even duplicated. Where one set of pictures and a description were on the same blog, they are now in different blogs. Also the images have been re-sized ....or in my case stretched....

Am I allowed to edit them to put them back how they were before? or would this not be a good idea.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Many thanks ....Terry

Hi Terry,

Eric has worked on this now so that you can go back to old posts and edit them to either delete or add new pics, let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards

Danny

p.s I hope I posted this in the right place .....it's not a complaint.

Many thanks Danny (and Eric) for answering individual queries. I shall now try to edit my old blogs and put them back as they were. ......just tried to edit my last blog and ended up deleting it.....no prob as I have more pics of that blog and shall simply make a new blog. (I'm not a bad bricklayer, stone mason and Wood-fired oven builder, but seem to stumble at the computer literacy thing)

Terry

Terry

Likes (0)

#3984 Thu 31 May 12 6:14pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

I wanted to say how much I love looking at multiple photos on the blogs.  I think this is going to be so useful. thumbsup

Likes (0)

#3985 Fri 01 Jun 12 11:13am

Danny

Jamie's Better Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Thanks BritF, appreciate your feedback - Eric is working on the search function as well

dan

Likes (0)

#3986 Fri 01 Jun 12 11:14am

Danny

Jamie's Better Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Thanks Falcony for helping Sandy as well - how did you get on Sandy, have you downloaded another browser?

Dan

Likes (0)

#3987 Fri 01 Jun 12 1:29pm

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Danny, this is my office PC and the IT guys wont do it for me. But all is okay when I use my laptop.

Likes (0)

#3988 Fri 01 Jun 12 4:33pm

luckiest1

Member since Fri 19 Jun 09

I have mentioned this before but it's never been fixed.  If you go to the page http://www.jamieoliver.com/blogs-and-forums you get a question.  Today's question is "do you take time to reflect before eating a meal?".  No matter what the question, the options to answer are always "Brown" and "White".  It drives me nuts every time I log in.  Can you please update them to be "Yes" and "No"?  Thanks!

Likes (0)

#3989 Sat 02 Jun 12 5:47am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

the three pics loading doesn't work for me even if resized and even if it's 5a.m.  yawn  I should be ironing that's why lol

Likes (0)

#3990 Sun 03 Jun 12 2:13am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

mada, when do you sleep?

Why are the forums shrinking?  there are just nine topics open at the moment..claustrofobia sufferers keep out. yikes

Likes (0)