forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#4441 Sun 25 May 14 1:04am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Website/forum: issues and complaints?

Maree wrote:

Something weird is happening and, again, I don't know if it's at my end or the forum end.

Earlier today, I wanted to welcome a new member but the user name was a bit tricky for me first thing (and without coffee) in the morning. I clicked on the user name so I could copy and past it into my welcome.

My name came up on the member's profile. Didn't think too much of it (I left the username out) until just now when I wanted to report one of the kitchen spammers.

As you will see (below), I'm listed and I'm listed as only posting once (!).

If someone has the time or inclination can they click on a member's name and see if the profile function has gone haywire for them, too, please?

This (minor) problem appeared "fixed" for a few days. It's back again.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#4442 Fri 06 Jun 14 2:04pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Hi guys, in the past, you provided both Imperial and Metric for many recipes.  How does one access the recipes that were offered in Imperial measures?  Two members are asking on this thread:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewto … 84#p714084

Likes (0)

#4443 Tue 17 Jun 14 5:06pm

ACDC

Forum champ
Occupation Bewitched, bothered and bewildered Mother
From Ireland
Member since Tue 19 Aug 08

Maree wrote:

Maree wrote:

Something weird is happening and, again, I don't know if it's at my end or the forum end.

Earlier today, I wanted to welcome a new member but the user name was a bit tricky for me first thing (and without coffee) in the morning. I clicked on the user name so I could copy and past it into my welcome.

My name came up on the member's profile. Didn't think too much of it (I left the username out) until just now when I wanted to report one of the kitchen spammers.

As you will see (below), I'm listed and I'm listed as only posting once (!).

If someone has the time or inclination can they click on a member's name and see if the profile function has gone haywire for them, too, please?

This (minor) problem appeared "fixed" for a few days. It's back again.

Hi Maree, I've just clicked on your name and as you say my name came up on your profile. It tells me at the moment that you have 10919 posts. Dunno if this is any good to you.

Likes (0)

#4444 Tue 17 Jun 14 10:11pm

Maree

Forum super champ

ACDC wrote:

Hi Maree, I've just clicked on your name and as you say my name came up on your profile. It tells me at the moment that you have 10919 posts. Dunno if this is any good to you.

Thanks, ACDC, but I was wondering why "whoever clicks" ' name is coming up on posters' names rather than the name of the of the member? That is, why, when you clicked on my name, did your name come up? Some of the newer members' names are getting a bit trickier to type out than your name or mine wink. ... The post count is not of concern to me.

Edited for punctuation to assist clarity.

Last edited by Maree (Wed 18 Jun 14 1:06am)

Likes (2)

#4445 Tue 17 Jun 14 11:40pm

ACDC

Forum champ
Occupation Bewitched, bothered and bewildered Mother
From Ireland
Member since Tue 19 Aug 08

Yes, my name came up on your profile Maree, quite strange alright.

Likes (0)

#4446 Tue 17 Jun 14 11:57pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Isn't it wierd. The same happened to me when I clicked on Maree and Acdc, it said my user name. On my iPad.

Likes (0)

#4447 Wed 18 Jun 14 1:18am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
Occupation Farmer
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

*snap!* Same with me too, Ladies! Though I did enjoy 'changing my avatar' (looking at your avatars that is!) without having to! wink

Abby, I'm not sure who has taken over from, Eric? Anyways, hopefully the new Techie guy/gal, can have a look into it sometime soon! Thanks! smile

Last edited by Kiwi Kris (Wed 18 Jun 14 1:27am)

Likes (0)

#4448 Wed 18 Jun 14 4:22am

Maree

Forum super champ

Just checked back a page on this thread. I first reported it 17 May. It was (temporarily) resolved but it started back up not long after. It's no biggie but, as I said at the time, sometimes it's easier to click on a name and copy rather than trying to spell it out.

Likes (0)

#4449 Wed 18 Jun 14 9:55am

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Same thing happening to me, when I click on Maree my profile comes up.

Likes (0)

#4450 Sat 21 Jun 14 12:15pm

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
Occupation Farmer
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

Hi Abby! I thought that it was only when I was logged-out as a guest that I couldn't view the; Members Recipes properly - but I've just checked & the page isn't showing ALL the *new* recipes - only 1 page with some new & older posts (dating back to 2009/2010)!  hmm  Cheers!  smile

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/member-recipes

Last edited by Kiwi Kris (Sat 21 Jun 14 12:16pm)

Likes (0)