Subscribe to forums RSS

Topic closed

#1 Thu 08 Feb 07 3:13pm

Bob

From Jamie's office
Member since Wed 13 Apr 05

Jamie At Home recipes

Hi all

Thanks to all of you asking for recipes from Jamie At Home - glad you're liking them!

But he is still putting the finishing touches to his write-ups of the recipes so it's best if you wait until the book comes out to follow his own versions.

Do let us know how you get on at home when trying out the recipes yourselves but hold off from posting the recipes here - you don't want to spoil the book before it's even come out!

cheers all

Bob

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 09 Feb 07 1:40am

metinka

Member since Thu 08 Feb 07

Re: Jamie At Home recipes

hi bob,

thanks for your response.  the show & recipes on Jamie at Home are great - i look forward to wednesday nights!!!

can you please tell us the name of the book and when it's due to come out, especially it's release date in australia.

all the recipes on last night's show were fantastic and just what i need for my next dinner party.

thanks,
metinka.

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 09 Feb 07 6:24am

bachus

From Perth Australia
Member since Sat 21 May 05

Jamie at home is great, some of those recipes are to die for. Would like to get the onion soup recipe, did anyone manage to write it down ?
Any idea when the book will be out in Australia ? tongue

Likes (0)

#4 Sat 10 Feb 07 6:40am

Franca Ferraro

Member since Fri 09 Feb 07

Hello
When will the book be on Jamie at home. I would love to have that pork recipe he did the other night ( in Australia) smile

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 10 Feb 07 8:08am

laineyruth

Member since Fri 09 Feb 07

Hi All,
I unfortunately work shift work ane missed the first episode.
I asked the kids to tape it but they accidentally taped the wrong channel.
I loved episode two though.
I love the whole concept of gardening and cooking, and am an avid vegie grower who loves cooking.
My daughter wants to be a chef and enjoys the garden too.
I wonder if a dvd will be produced of the series.  That would be great.

Love Lainey

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 10 Feb 07 9:07am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

bachus wrote:

Jamie at home is great, some of those recipes are to die for. Would like to get the onion soup recipe, did anyone manage to write it down ?
Any idea when the book will be out in Australia ? tongue

Bob wrote:

Hi all

Thanks to all of you asking for recipes from Jamie At Home - glad you're liking them!

But he is still putting the finishing touches to his write-ups of the recipes so it's best if you wait until the book comes out to follow his own versions.

Do let us know how you get on at home when trying out the recipes yourselves but hold off from posting the recipes here - you don't want to spoil the book before it's even come out!

cheers all

Bob

Did you actually read the first post in the thread???

Likes (0)

#7 Sat 10 Feb 07 7:20pm

gregandjanine

Occupation Teacher/Registered Nurse
From Brisbane Australia
Member since Fri 14 Apr 06

Hi Bob,

I haven't been able to catch any of the episodes of Jamie's new cooking show due to some prior to commitments, however I did have a go at the potato, tomato and chicken bake. It looked a bit 'pink' when put in the oven, but it tasted yummy.... I hope to catch some of the future episodes. We loved the blend of herbs that enhanced the dish and it was so easy to prepare.

I enjoy how Jamie makes it all so simple and easy to follow. His recipes are also really yummy and generally not complicated. That's what makes them so easy to replicate at home. We really enjoy Jamie's 'fish in a bag' often and find it very easy to prepare and cook.

We enjoy the exploration of new dishes and recipes to try at home. I baked an orange and almond cake last night for the first time, and we were very pleased with it. We only ate half of it with our guests last night, so I am serving the other half tonight with some low GI blueberry and apple muffins I am going to bake.  I also like Dave Barker's threads because he also has a wealth of information and ideas that he shares willingly with us all.

One comment Bob, in the last podcast, you all talked about BBQ's and how cooking over a flame BBQ is best. Unfortunately in Australia, despite wanting to do this, we can't often during the hot summer days because of total fire bans. Even when contained in BBQ spaces we are not allowed to produce an open flame. The fines run to tens of thousands of dollars for doing this,I can't remember the exact amount but it is massive and well beyond what anybody could afford.  That is why the majority of us do use gas because then, so long as we follow the parimetres set, by  laws about operating gas BBQ's on these days, we can cook outside which is far preferable to inside on such hot days.

Outside of the summer months, we will often go to the local BBQ areas on Mt Coot-tha in Brisbane and have a BBQ breakfast on a traditional open flame BBQ in the bush. It is a pity we can't post pics here, otherwise I could have attached a photo of my hubby and my two boys doing just that. It is good quality family time and such a scrumptious breakky. After we will go to the lookout and have a coffee and read the weekend paper as we look over the city of Brisbane in glorious sunshine....most of the time.

Keep up the good work and we will keep watching and listening and also reading within these threads.

Take care,
Janine

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 10 Feb 07 8:08pm

indiechef

From London
Member since Sun 11 Dec 05

when is the jamie at home? oops

im feeling left out here lol

Likes (0)

#9 Sun 11 Feb 07 10:15am

Chef_5

Member since Sun 11 Feb 07

Hey Anyone,

I watched the first episode of Jamie At Home and really liked to Meatball Pasta but didn't write it down because it looked so easy and thought I'd remember it. If anyone has it or just knows what the ingredients are can you let me know. I thought I'd cook it for my husband for our 1st wedding anniversary this week. I'm pregnant with 11 weeks to go so we are just going to have a quiet night at home and Jamie's pasta would just top it off.

Thanks in Advance.. smile

Likes (0)

#10 Sun 11 Feb 07 2:54pm

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

Chef 5 - read the first post.... roll

Likes (0)
Topic closed