forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

Topic closed

#101 Tue 17 Apr 07 4:37pm

ladouceurs

Member since Tue 17 Apr 07

Re: Jamie At Home recipes

Hi,

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario Canada and I love Jamie's recipes, I am enjoying his new show "Jamie at Home" how can I get his famous recipes on-line, like the Onion Soup, the Chicken etc. that's on the Food Network Canada channel here.  Hope someone can let me know.

Thanks

Suzanne

Likes (0)

#102 Tue 17 Apr 07 5:07pm

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

ladouceurs,

Read this thread.

In essence - you can't get the recioes online until after the book is published, and those of us who have seen the programmes have been asked, by Jamie, not to share them until after they arefinalixed and pblished.

Be patient.

Likes (0)

#103 Tue 17 Apr 07 5:36pm

ladouceurs

Member since Tue 17 Apr 07

Hi Geoff,

Thank you so much for your reply, I will await for Jamie's book and purchase it and start cooking then.

Have a wonderful day.

Thanks

Likes (0)

#104 Thu 19 Apr 07 9:18am

Zaffa

Member since Thu 19 Apr 07

evil
Very interesting to read all the posts on the '"sharing" of recipes and "copyright" - how many Lawyers are on this forum?

It seems that a few new people, like myself, have come here looking for 1 or 2 recipes from the at Home TV show. I think it is interesting that so many of you won't help out when people ask for the recipe for certain dishes - and amazed at how many of you have been contacted by Jamie - you sound like you are best mates.

You obviously copy the recipes down yourselves from the TV show so why not share them, it's not like you're about to head out and buy the book seeing as though you have already written down all the recipes and have no doubt made up your own Recipe Book from the TV show.

PS: Anyone heard from Bob since his first post in February?
PPS: I Love Jamie's recipes !

Likes (0)

#105 Thu 19 Apr 07 10:12am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Zaffa, welcome to the forums!

I suggest you read GeoffP's post (#102) just two before your post (104).

Regardless of how many forum members are members of the legal fraternity, we have been asked not to post from the tv program as it is still "a work in progress".

And, yes, I've scribbled down (as if in a lecture theatre) the recipes. But, please, do *not* think I will not be pre-ordering the book etc when it/they are published.

Am not being small-minded or petty. Just complying with Jamie's wishes/best interests as expressed by Bob. And, no, to my knowledge Jamie does not communicate with forum members. Much as some of us would like it, we are "not" best buddies, as you term it.

Once again, to my best knowledge, only the admin, techies, moderators, editorial and stylists etc are on Jamie's payroll. The rest of us are here because we love what Jamie does and what he has come to stand for.

Hope this clarifies matters,
Maree.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#106 Thu 19 Apr 07 10:23am

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

Zaffa - as I wrote before - redthis thread.

You will perhaps note that Bob is the Administrator of this forum - and that the forum and website are owned by Jamie Oliver.

The rest of us are all guests - and as guests it is always a good idea to abide by the house rules - and tge rules are set by Jamie and Bob.

Of course, you can ignore the rules if you wish - the only ultimate penalty is that your post will be deleted, and your registration and access revoked.

In the words of the old joke "If you know a better hole, go to it"

Likes (0)

#107 Thu 19 Apr 07 2:06pm

Lindsey

Occupation Editor
From Jamie's Office
Member since Mon 21 Jun 04

Hi guys
I'm Jamie's book editor and have been following this thread recently. I thought I'd let you know that I've posted a proper response here, just to update you all and to explain a bit about the book recipes: http://forum.jamieoliver.com/viewtopic.php?id=24285
Thanks very much.
Lindsey

Likes (0)

#108 Thu 19 Apr 07 2:35pm

Bob

From Jamie's office
Member since Wed 13 Apr 05

cheers Linds!

Just to let you all know - we are trying to get all broadcasting info and publishing info up onto the books and TV section of this so that people know when the programmes and books are coming out:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/bookstv/

but it can be tricky for our broadcasters to share this information as the scheduling is very competitive and usually decisions are made at the last minute.

Thanks again

Bob

Likes (0)
Topic closed