#22181 Wed 09 Apr 14 9:43am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired
From Surin, N.E. Thailand
Member since Mon 29 Dec 08

Re: Whats For Supper?

oliviascotland wrote:

Those look really good, BFY, and I'm sorry they weren't completely cooked.  Apart from the oven suggestion, you could try making the slices a bit thinner, then they might cook better?

They were fairly thin Olivia, not sure I could make them thinner without losing a finger.   

I put slices of garlic in the slots also to open them up somewhat.

I shall, of course, try again.

Y

Likes (0)

#22182 Wed 09 Apr 14 5:27pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

I know that feeling,BFY (having sliced my finger open making hasselback potatoes before ...) - it's probably going to be a question of working out the timings in your own oven if it is temperamental.  I know my old aga used to have huge differences in temperature, so everything was a guessing game.  Now everything overcooks whilst I try to work an inherited, not-very-brilliant fan oven  hmm

Likes (0)

#22183 Wed 09 Apr 14 6:07pm

user2014

Forum champ
Occupation student
From kuklen,plovdiv,bulgaria
Member since Sun 05 Jan 14

this ssummer i will try hasselbacks ,roasted i think i could make them. crossed

enjoying cooking easy and fast...
    Likes (0)

#22184 Thu 10 Apr 14 12:17am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

BFY - I have zapped my Hasselback potatoes in the microwave for a few mins before baking when I am short on time (or just really hungry). I'd recommend it when you have your next attempt at them  smile

Dinner last night was meatballs in pasta sauce served on rice & finely diced steamed veggies. It was one of my random creations one night and is a definite favourite in our house.

Likes (0)

#22185 Thu 10 Apr 14 12:55am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Spaghetti and garlic bread. So good, I ate way too much.

Likes (0)

#22186 Thu 10 Apr 14 7:52am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Yesterday I cooked my daughter a steak with some potato wedges , peas and a roasted onion.  There was some fresh asparagus in this weeks vegetable box that arrived yesterday morning so I cooked that also .

Likes (0)

#22187 Thu 10 Apr 14 9:33am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired
From Surin, N.E. Thailand
Member since Mon 29 Dec 08

This evening I'm having a change as an accompaniment to my ubiquitous chicken curry. First time I've made potato and onion raita.

Likes (0)

#22188 Thu 10 Apr 14 10:10am

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Tonight we've got a couple of small pork belly roasts, which I'll cook slowly in the oven over some carrots, potatoes and parsnips, and serve with broccoli.

Likes (0)

#22189 Thu 10 Apr 14 11:34am

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

Spaghetti and meatballs, a great recipe from Gourmet Traveller Australia, although they serve the meatballs with soft polenta.  We have made it many times and its always delicious.

Likes (0)

#22190 Fri 11 Apr 14 7:27am

lmbathome

From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member since Fri 21 Feb 14

Breaded halibut fillets With wedge cut potatoes & garden salad.

Also, just a note-I also tried the hassleback potatoes BFY. I put them in the microwave for 10 minutes (two potatoes). then in the oven at 400 degrees F.        I oiled them & seasoned with garlic powder & pepper. But I found them quite bland. I was disappointed as I was looking forward to them. I will have to try again, maybe add some salt? Although I don't normally use salt when I cook. Just letting you know your not alone... neutral
P.S. Your potatoes looked perfect B.F.Y.!

Likes (0)