Subscribe to forums RSS

#22631 Wed 23 Jul 14 11:28am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired
From Surin, N.E. Thailand
Member since Mon 29 Dec 08

Re: Whats For Supper?

Thinly sliced liver sauteed with shallots in butter with a creamy mushroom sauce and fried onion garnish.

Likes (0)

#22632 Wed 23 Jul 14 1:28pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Oh that does look good!!

Tonight we're having a slow-roast shoulder of pork with braised cabbage, roast potatoes and gravy, with raspberries in jelly for pudding.  Sadly didn't read the ingredients on the jelly, and it has glucose-fructose syrup, so my middle daughter will have to have something else  hmm

Likes (0)

#22633 Thu 24 Jul 14 11:39am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired

oliviascotland wrote:

Oh that does look good!!

In the end it was. I thought I'd been a little generous with the Worcestershire sauce initially but it turned out well. A little more salt and pepper was needed though. I had it with rumbledethumps (what else?) and egg.

As usual I cooked a substantial amount so I hope it freezes well.

Likes (0)

#22634 Thu 24 Jul 14 4:08pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland

Next time I have the house to myself, I'm going to give that a go (none of my lot will eat liver, sadly)!

Tonight I've got some chicken breasts defrosting from the freezer, and will cook them with thyme, garlic and lemon juice, served with some rice and some leeks.

Likes (0)

#22635 Thu 24 Jul 14 5:27pm

user2014

Forum champ
Occupation student
From kuklen,plovdiv,bulgaria
Member since Sun 05 Jan 14

did a spanish salad consisted of tomatoes,onions,chilli,peppers,balsamic vinegar and olive oil.had a rice banitsa or rhodopan klin,guys you have to try something bulgarian like banitsa or tarator.im very proud of my cuisine.

enjoying cooking easy and fast...
    Likes (0)

#22636 Thu 24 Jul 14 5:34pm

user2014

Forum champ
Occupation student
From kuklen,plovdiv,bulgaria
Member since Sun 05 Jan 14

beerforyorky wrote:

Thinly sliced liver sauteed with shallots in butter with a creamy mushroom sauce and fried onion garnish.

nice for a fondue,would try that...

enjoying cooking easy and fast...
    Likes (0)

#22637 Thu 24 Jul 14 6:49pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland

As this is going to be a busy weekend (lots of visitors), I'm posting suppers for the weekend in advance:

Friday will be baked side of salmon with garlic, butter, dill and lemon, served with buttered new potatoes and steamed asparagus and home-made hollandaise sauce.  Pudding is a Pimms Jelly Fruit Terrine.

Saturday we'll be having Wiener Schnitzel with sauteed potatoes and onions and broccoli, followed by poached pears.

Sunday we're having a 4-rib beef roast with Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, gravy, creamed garlicky spinach and carrots, followed by a plum torte.

So far today the salmon is dressed, wrapped and in the fridge and ready to bake;  the fruit terrine is made and hopefully setting, the chicken for Saturday lunch's chicken with pimento mayonnaise is cooked, wrapped and in the fridge and the peppers are roasted and the potatoes for the potato salad are cooked and in the fridge! Hopefully tomorrow afternoon (I'm out collecting guests from the airport tomorrow morning) I'll be able to make the poached pears and finish the pimento mayonnaise for the chicken, and make the hollandaise sauce. 

Lots of cooking to do this weekend!

Likes (0)

#22638 Fri 25 Jul 14 2:12am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

grilled burgers and pasta salad with fresh fruit for dessert.  I love this time of year.  farmers markets are loaded with fresh local produce.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#22639 Fri 25 Jul 14 3:37am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

Last night was laksa. Really yummy & there is enough for lunch today.

Tonight is a classic J.O tray bake. Onion, potato, tomato & sausage. Boerewors.

Likes (0)

#22640 Fri 25 Jul 14 12:29pm

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired

Hot chicken curry, fragrant yellow rice, Bombay potatoes and a naan. And a couple of other bits.

Likes (0)