Subscribe to forums RSS

#71 Sun 11 Mar 07 3:58am

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Re: Whats For Supper?

I bought a pork loin roast that was already marinated in garlic and rosemary, but I did jazz it up a bit with some fresh herbs and spices... running late from the mall.. but I did pick up 4 cool cookbooks! An Indian/Spanish/Italian and a salad cookbook! The mall was having a huge bookfair so I went with the kids and although they are older versions, they are still quite good and authentic and not generic. All at a cost of 6 bucks! My 5 year old son even got a few books too. He's quite into the solar system these days... Anyhoo, I roasted the pork roast and sauteed some onions and mushrooms w/garlic , and cherry tomatoes and white wine. Steamed some asparugus and made a simple salad, thiced the roast very thin and served with the onion sauce to which I added some stock as well.

Likes (0)

#72 Sun 11 Mar 07 4:57pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

I don't know about proper food tonight, but for pudding it's Mannix's apricot upside-down cake.  Whee!  With ice cream AND custard, naturally.   big_smile

Likes (0)

#73 Mon 12 Mar 07 2:03am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

we just got back from attending an out of town wedding  .. we didn't feel like cooking so we went to our favourite restaurant.. a Little greek place 5 mins down the road..  lamb souvlaki and greek salad with lemon roasted potatoes and rice..   I have never figured out the two starch thing but the lamb potatoes and salad are killer..   On weekends they give out a complimetary two dip appetizer of hummus and taramosalata (sp?) with pita or bread and a few slices of sour pickle .. awesome stuff.. we have this place on speed dial and will often do pick up orders for taramosalata and crumbled feta.. its ammazing but their feta is way better than we can find in local stores and less expensive.  mrgreen  mrgreen

Last edited by Ashen (Mon 12 Mar 07 2:04am)

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#74 Mon 12 Mar 07 12:12pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Oo, sounds excellent.  We've got a really good Greek place near us, too, and they do student deals on a Monday so you get two courses plus half a carafe of wine for £6... Seriously good food.  http://www.kosmos-taverna.co.uk/

Likes (0)

#75 Mon 12 Mar 07 8:48pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Love Greek food! For easter or Spring break I usually do a herb crusted leg of lamb ( de boned ) as I am not a great carver, lol. And the potatoes/homemade spanikopita, etc... I would like to do some beans this time and a few other items I have never tried before.

Tonight it's a simple sauted gai lan and pan fried tilapia and rice for the kids maybe a fruit/onion/cilantro relish to go with the fish. Oh, maybe I will make a cauliflower puree to go with that for me a dh.

Likes (0)

#76 Thu 22 Mar 07 12:52am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

Anna that sounds like a great greek restuarant.. i checked out their menu.. much larger menu  than our local place.    i would love to try their tarmasolata to compare it ..

tonight we had a nice sirloin tip roast with scalloped potatoes and baby carrots and brussell sprouts.... i had a nice big glass of a great 2004 Greek red wine i picked up for less the 10$ !! in the vintages section of the liquor store. I actually liked it better than 20$ bottle i bought for my moms birthday on sunday

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#77 Thu 22 Mar 07 9:42am

gregandjanine

Occupation Teacher/Registered Nurse
From Brisbane Australia
Member since Fri 14 Apr 06

We are having Chilli Con Carne with Cous Cous...

It is being cooked as I post... can't wait  big_smile

Janine

Likes (0)

#78 Thu 22 Mar 07 11:23am

amberpamba

Forum champ
Occupation Registered nurse
From Australia
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

I had a cheese n tomato sandwhich   hmm

Likes (0)

#79 Thu 22 Mar 07 7:52pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Amberpamba,  My favorite!!  You just can't beat a cheese and tomato sammy!!   smile

Likes (0)

#80 Fri 23 Mar 07 9:08am

amberpamba

Forum champ
Occupation Registered nurse
From Australia
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

ANN, it is a regular for me lol Sometimes ill add red onion or go the whole hog and have a big salad. Cheese and baby beetroot is good too.
I think I had better cook something tonight I spose!

Likes (0)