forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#81 Fri 23 Mar 07 8:40pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Re: Whats For Supper?

I'm home alone this weekend, and I fail to see the point of being good and cooking something that involves effort if it's just me eating... cheese and tomato sandwich sounds like a good idea!

Likes (0)

#82 Fri 23 Mar 07 11:27pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Amber and Anna,  I always put mayo and salt and pepper on mine.    smile

Likes (0)

#83 Sat 24 Mar 07 5:18am

amberpamba

Forum champ
Occupation Registered nurse
From Australia
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

I dont put mayo, but I do add salt and pepper. Unless they are tomatoes from my garden, they are so extremely tasty the salt ruins them.

Last night I cooked up some cheese tortellini with sundried tomato pesto sauce. The sauce was nice, but I was extrememly disapointed when I bit into the pasta to find out it was filled with that cheese powder garbage!!! I think I really am going to have  to make it for myself now!

Likes (0)

#84 Sat 24 Mar 07 6:15am

gregandjanine

Occupation Teacher/Registered Nurse
From Brisbane Australia
Member since Fri 14 Apr 06

We are going to have pork chops tonight ...  hubby isn't feeling very well and pork makes him even worse... so he has decided to have a chicken thigh that I have found in the freezer leftover from another meal.

I thought cos he wasn't eating, it would be a good opportunity to defrost and cook the chops.

Not sure what I am going to serve the chops with yet... a light salad I think.. drizzled with some garlic oil that we were given as a Christmas gift.

Greg can have his chicken with the salad if he wants.

big_smile

Ooh ah... I have just realized.. it's my anniversary.... 100 posts..... cool

Last edited by gregandjanine (Sat 24 Mar 07 6:16am)

Likes (0)

#85 Sat 24 Mar 07 11:20am

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Last night my 11-year-old made the most delicious pastry "pizza", with puff pastry, tomatoes, sauteed red onions with garlic, topped off with loads of oregano and brie - it really was delicious!!  Tonight we're having a lasagne and salad .....  can't be anything but a let-down after last night.  It's so nice having someone to share the cooking with ...

Likes (0)

#86 Sat 24 Mar 07 12:47pm

amberpamba

Forum champ
Occupation Registered nurse
From Australia
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Tired again tonight. Other half had the yucky leftover tortellini (he doesnt mind "fake" things and I had a toasted sandwhich with chicken, tomato, cheese, red onion and avocado.

I have just picked the last of my tomatoes to make another batch of pickles. The plants have shot back up and look like producing fruit again woohoo!

Likes (0)

#87 Sat 24 Mar 07 6:55pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Quelle surprise tonight.  My housemate is making me dinner!  I've not not cooked in months, my boyfriend's never cooked for me (nothing edible, at least) and now I'm sitting here, watching Grand Designs and expecting a beef Wellington!  Not that I'm complaining, I hasten to add...  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#88 Sat 24 Mar 07 10:00pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

I made corned beef for the first time last night. I have never eaten or cooked it before. After simmering away I put a glaze on it and finished it in the oven. It was really nice!

I think we are doing a dinner and a movie tonight, either that or burgers and watching Blood Diamond at home.

Likes (0)

#89 Sun 25 Mar 07 9:13am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I went out for the day yesterday, I was sort of under the impresion that my lovoly husband was popping to the shops to get things for supper...I retern and he has gone off to the rugby...whats for supper..it apears nothing!! well not realy nothing ,but no shopping had been done! so yesterday I russled up a vegetable curry (with whatever was left in the fridge!) with some pokoras.
Today...I am doing the shopping!!

Likes (0)

#90 Mon 26 Mar 07 12:27pm

hawaiian baby

Occupation Hospitality
From australia
Member since Wed 07 Sep 05

i had vegetables with some unhealthy spicy chicken strips
taking it easy :>

Likes (0)