forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 27 Feb 07 4:30pm

Flipside89

From Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Member since Wed 05 Jul 06

Henckels or Wusthof?

I am looking to get a new Chef knife, but am unsure which kind to get.  I've heard that both Henckels and Wusthof are good knives, but I'm unsure as far as how long they stay sharp, ect.  Any advide would be much appreciated.

Thanks much-

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 28 Feb 07 3:54pm

chilleddom

Occupation Chef
From Oxfordshire
Member since Wed 29 Nov 06

Re: Henckels or Wusthof?

Knives knives knives! Every week someone asks the same question so have a look through the posts in this section to see what evryone else thinks! Some swear by Victorinox which are nice and cheap but good quality, some others like me have some expensive Wusthof's and some prefer Globals. I have used Globals in the past but didn't get on with them so now use an 8" Wusthof Nakiri with a scolloped blade that stops food sticking to it, a 10" Wusthof cooks knife and a Wusthof pairing knife. My boning, steak, and filleting knives are all Victorinox as are my other kitchen utensils such as palette knives etc. Staying sharp is another matter as it's up to the user how they sharpen them and how they are used and waht type of steel you use. I use a diamond steel which is excellent. hope this helps but have a look at all the numerous other posts. thumbsup

Likes (0)