forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 01 Mar 07 6:30pm

KatjaS

Member since Thu 01 Mar 07

What goes with what?

Hi,

I am new to this forum.  I wondered if anybody has any good ideas.  I am planning a dinner with friends and would like to make Jamie's 'My old man's superb chicken' from the book 'Happy Days with the Naked Chef'.  Can anyone make a suggestion what would go well with this meat dish?

It is chicken filled with a combination of mushrooms, wrapped with pastry, with a grainy mustard, whine, cream sauce, drizzled with olive oil.

Help, help yikes

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 02 Mar 07 9:18am

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Re: What goes with what?

Well, I think it sort of depends an the rest of the meal. Are there other courses? If you have a starter and a dessert I would suggest only a salad maybe and definetely some bread to soak up the sauce. With your chicken dish. If it's the only course you're serving you might need a little more than just bread. The salad might still be a good idea, but I am not sure about the recipe for the chicken - would it go with pasta or gnocchi, or would that be too much with the pasty. Maybe a mash? - not plain potatoes but maybe suet or squash or celeriac or a combination of either of them with potato? Or oven roasted rosemary potatoes? Grilled vegetables (then no salad)?

Likes (0)