forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 10 Mar 07 8:15pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Hi Jamie and all

My name is Maree and I live in the beautiful southern beaches' area of Sydney. My immediate family is a 22yr old son, a 19yr old daughter (today!), a 6yr old Cav. King Charles Spaniel and my partner.
I've been a big fan of Jamie's since the first Naked Chef came out (sorry, Jamie, not meant to sound like that). Have all of his books and have changed my videos to DVDs.
I run two home-based businesses. Both attempt to do for dog treats and meals what Jamie did for British school meals:fresh, wholesome, healthy, no artificial "nasties", seasonal and yummy. My businesses have been running (officially) since 2004.
Jamie has influenced my cooking: " a breath of fresh air". He has also inspired my son, especially, to take over the kitchen at weekends.
I treated myself to a couple of nights in a Sydney hotel and a ticket to Jamie's "performance" (meant in the nicest sense of the word) for the "big 50 birthday". Worth every cent. He was fabululous. How did he keep going for around 3hrs? Amazing!
Am interested in all types of food and cooking/baking- especially yeast cooking from various cultures.
Look forward to exchanging ideas and recipes with like-minded people.
Sincerely,
Maree, Sydney, Australia.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#2 Sun 11 Mar 07 1:22am

emmylu

Occupation unknown
From sydney, nsw, australia
Member since Mon 20 Nov 06

Re: Hi Jamie and all

Hi maree,
i grew up on the Northern beaches of sydney til i was about 6, but moved to the central coast region about 10 yrs ago. im almost 16 and hav decided i wanna be a chef. its great on here where i learn so much about the food industry and get to 'meet' inspiring people, especially on the fifteen forum. its awesome, i am now thoroughly addicted! lol
anways, welcome and if ya need any help 'navigating' round here, just ask, im sure someone can help.
emma
xxx

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 11 Mar 07 6:46am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Hi Jamie and all

Hi Emma! I lived on the CC for 8 years. Follow your dreams and good luck.
Maree

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)