forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

Topic closed

#1 Fri 16 Mar 07 6:59pm

jkl421960

Member since Sat 25 Nov 06

Jamie at home

Hi Jamie

Just wanted to let you know that I watched the first episode on Thursday and it was excellent.  I really enjoy your down to earth approach to cooking and I find your recipes interesting and tasty. I especially liked the cannelloni but am amazed on the different colours of the broccoli as I was unaware that you were able to get them in different colours. I live in Adelaide and have never come across them before. How do they get them in different colours? Are the modified in some way? Would love to hear about them.
Jenni :cool:

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 17 Mar 07 6:07pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

Re: Jamie at home

We haven't seen the show in the UK yet, but i am aware of purple broccoli.  Can buy the seeds at my local garden centre

Mrs G

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 18 Mar 07 1:05am

Nancy F

Member since Fri 16 Mar 07

Hi, I'm in New Zealand and we had the first episode of Jamie at Home on Friday night... we must have got a different one than Australia because our one was on potatoes (not canelloni and broccoli).. oh well.

My little girl (aged 9) made the chicken, potatoe and tomato bake last night for dinner... even more impressive she did it on a coal range... what a delight and really easy even for a first time cook... most impressed.. but will have to sit with a note pad next time so we don't have to wrack our brains for the ingredients....  our littlest girl (aged 5) even ate some chicken which normally will not pass her lips so something was right!!!!

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 18 Mar 07 10:41am

johnlemmon

Member since Sat 09 Dec 06

saw the show on tv here in Brisbane and it was great, simple home made food, what an unusual idea!!!

keep it up Jamie..

Lemmo... thumbsup  thumbsup  cool

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 18 Mar 07 12:51pm

johnlemmon

Member since Sat 09 Dec 06

the purple Brocoli looked great, I had some Boccoli/flower recently, tasted really yummy... thumbsup

Lemmo... cool  big_smile

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 19 Mar 07 12:11pm

brydie

Member since Mon 19 Mar 07

Jamie thank you for a fantastic show!!
My friend is pregnant (about ten weeks) and has always needed medical help to get so, not this time my friend!!!
Anyhow, she has become temporarily vegetarian and is on the look out for yummy meals.  I was so impressed with your broccoli cannelloni and wanted to ask you to release it on your site or at least include it in your next book so that I can bake it for her as a surprise (of course I will have to do a double lot as I want some for my self).

You have inspired me to start a family vege patch and my kiddies are so excited about the strawberries and tomatoes that are ready at the moment - even if they bring them in green, it is worth the smiles!

One last thing, hats of to Jools for her great book "Minus nine to one".  As a mum of 3 under 5 I could relate!  I wish her all the best.

Brydie

Likes (0)
Topic closed