forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 25 Mar 07 9:27pm

debbie2411

Occupation http://freundschaft.oyla14.de
From Germany
Member since Fri 27 Oct 06

Recipes for school (VERY IMPORTANT)

Hi, (I’m from Germany and I hope you can understand my English)

I’m searching for English recipes for my class, because we want to cook at school. I look for recipes for desserts, which aren’t very complicated and complex. Recipes which can be cook by a group of persons. But most of these persons can’t cook. So I’m searching for simple recipes for delicious dessert.

I hope you can help me, because all the recipes, which are on Jamie’s site are too complex for those people, and there aren’t the right ingredients.  help

Thank you very much!!!

Last edited by debbie2411 (Tue 27 Mar 07 2:14pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 25 Mar 07 10:04pm

Grabar

Occupation Student.....wanna start a career as a chef!....don't know how to!
From Seacoast Croatia
Member since Thu 15 Mar 07

Re: Recipes for school (VERY IMPORTANT)

A recipe from my region:

You need:
200 ml yogurt
An egg
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar or a bit of vanilla essence for cakes
2 teaspoons baking powder
6 tablespoons soft white flour
zest (the external part) of a lemon
some rum for aroma

To make:
mix the yogurt, sugar,egg, vanilla sugar, flour, baking powder, the zest of a lemon and a bit of rum together. In a cooking pan heat 5 cm of oil where you will put with a spoon the dough you have made. TIP: before you put your first cake into the oil, insert the spoon in the oil for some seconds to make it hot....then proceed making the cakes. Try to make them big as a table tennis ball. keep looking not to touch the bottom of the pan with the spoon because it isn't good. Now, when your cakes are fried golden brown, extract them and dust them with some sugar to make them excellent...if you want, add some dried fruit inside the dough before friing the cakes.   THAT'S IT!!........GOOD LUCK!  thumbsup

check mail for the photo!!    mrgreen

Last edited by Grabar (Sun 25 Mar 07 10:13pm)

The quality of the food you consume is directly proportional to the quality of life you have!
    Likes (0)

#3 Sun 25 Mar 07 10:22pm

beckybloo

Occupation student
From Italy
Member since Sat 24 Mar 07

Hi debbie...
This is the recipe of a delicious dessert, simple and funny to prepare...
Its italian name is "panna cotta" and the name translated in english is "cooked cream"...
You need:
5dl of fresh cream, 3dl of milk, 150gr of sugar, vanilla aroma, 14gr of fish-glue.

In a little saucepan put fresh cream, milk and sugar and let them boil. In the same moment put the fish-glue in a glass with cold water (the fish-glue has to soften!!!). When the cream-milk-sugar mix is boiling, squeeze the glue and let it melt in the mix. Add the vanilla aroma and mix. Pour out in a moul (the cooked cream will be very very nice if you put the mix in little moulds!!! big_smile ),put (when it's not very hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in the fridge and let it cool down!

Dear debbie, if you try this recipe you will be happy... Let me know if you like it!!!
Kisses
bck wink

ps
when the cream is ready to serve, you can add a chocolate sauce or any other dessert sauce you like!!!

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 25 Mar 07 10:25pm

beckybloo

Occupation student
From Italy

dear debbie,
the cooked cream is easier to do than to explain!!!
DON'T WORRY!!!
kisses
bck

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 25 Mar 07 11:26pm

Grabar

From Seacoast Croatia

Hello........a question for BeckyBloo..........."come si chiama FISH-GLUE in italiano?".........thanks.....cya.........I would like to prepare the "panna cotta".......

BTW...Debbie.....panna cotta is excellent...... big_smile

Last edited by Grabar (Sun 25 Mar 07 11:27pm)

The quality of the food you consume is directly proportional to the quality of life you have!
    Likes (0)

#6 Mon 26 Mar 07 12:02am

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Fish glue...?  Gelatine, I hope?

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 26 Mar 07 3:08pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Debby,
When you said "English" recipes did you mean recipes "in English" or "from England"?
Is there anything you would like specifically?

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 26 Mar 07 4:48pm

beckybloo

Occupation student
From Italy

Dear Grabar,
in italian fish-glue means "colla di pesce"... let me know if you like it!!!
kisses
bck

ps
do you speak italian??? thumbsup

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 26 Mar 07 4:58pm

beckybloo

Occupation student
From Italy

A MESSAGE FOR ANNA!
Dear Anna
fish-glue  is a particular ingredient derived from fish collagen (so its name!) and it is used for preparing for example cooked cream or puddings... to make gelatinous a cream...
I know that the name "fish-glue" in a dessert receipe might seem disgusting, but it has no flavour!!!!! Do not worry!!!!!
Try the recipe....
kisses
bck big_smile

Likes (0)

#10 Mon 26 Mar 07 6:05pm

Grabar

From Seacoast Croatia

Hey Becky.....yeah...? speak Italian...I'm also finishing an Italian high school in Croatia.........I wanted to go studying in Italy.....gastonomie....in Cuneo....but... sad ........thanks for the fish-glue thing......

Cya cool

Likes (0)