Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 26 Mar 07 6:49am

oregonkimmy

Occupation student nurse
From Melbourne
Member since Sat 24 Mar 07

Brilliant Bloomin' Brownies...Gone Bad :/

Thanks Chandr for the suggestion...

I do actually know where I went wrong on the brownies.  The problem was, was that I have a 20cm square baking dish, and the recipe calls for a 25cm square baking dish, and while I did attempt to find a 25^2 dish, I couldn't find one, so I used my 20^2 dish and goofed with the cooking time.  So I made my brownies and put them in the oven about 10 degrees cooler until there was about a 3cm edge that, well, it was apparent I was overbaking on the edges.  I took out the brownies and they were extremely gooey in the middle, very yummy and messy. 

New thoughts are to maybe omit one cup of the brownie mix before putting it into the pan for baking, or decrease the oven temp and increase the baking time some more... Any input?

Kimmy

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 27 Mar 07 12:10pm

BatesFamily

Occupation a teacher, if and when the department employ me!!
From among the dairy cows
Member since Fri 15 Oct 04

Re: Brilliant Bloomin' Brownies...Gone Bad :/

Hi Kimmy!!
i made this recipe- like you didnt have the right sized pan so just used one of mums other ones.. I also cut the sugar fown a bit- i think i took about 30 grams out and it was still really nice, am going to try and cut it down again, because it was sooo sweet. It was absolutly delicious- i recommend it to everyone!!!

kelly smile

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 18 Apr 07 9:08am

oregonkimmy

Occupation student nurse
From Melbourne
Member since Sat 24 Mar 07

Hey Kelly~

So did you end up using a bigger pan or smaller?  That's a good idea to cut out some sugar, they are real rich.  ttyl! wink  ~Kimmy

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 18 Apr 07 1:46pm

BatesFamily

Heya Kimmy!!
just went and measured the pan for you and i use a 28.5cm x 19cm pan and it turns out good.. and it rises to about 3.5 cm tall!!
i made them again on the week end and cut out some more sugar- i made them with 300 grams sugar but they werent as nice- so i think that i will use the amount that i used the first time next time!!!

Kelly

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 12 Jun 07 8:38pm

holeys

Member since Sat 22 Oct 05

I used the right size tin but mine kind of rose loads and it went all soft and not gooey i left it on for full time, only tips for next time please.

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 13 Jun 07 3:18am

BatesFamily

Hiya Holeys..
i have no idea what went wrong, when i make them i normally wait until the edges are all crispy and hardish- if thats a word wink and then it slowly cooks its way in and then i take it out when the center is still slightly soft and goey, which is really good.. I have no idea how long i put them in for, i always forget to look at the time!!!
hope this helps, and if at first you make a big flop try again cause they are well worth it!!
Kelly

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 13 Jun 07 12:05pm

holeys

Member since Sat 22 Oct 05

hi ya,
I been reading all the great repiles about the brownies and how good they taste i think i gonna have to have another try . Im gonna try that plus its a new oven had a gas one before and everything always cooks quicker on the fan one. Hopefully i have more luck tomorrow. Thanks  smile

Likes (0)