forum: Food & Drink
- Forum champ Occupation Occupied
- From My House
- Member since Fri 11 Nov 05
Does anyone know how to cook a fillet?
- Forum champ
- From Sydney, Australia
- Member since Tue 22 Jun 04
Re: Monk Fish
Braised Monk Fish Provencal
6-8 ounces monk fish per person
1 medium onion
8 roma tomatoes
1 clove garlic
1 stick of celery chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 sprig of oregano stripped
1 sprig of thyme stripped
1 teaspoon of sugar
salt and coarse pepper to taste
1. Saut・all ingredients in 2 ounces of olive oil, except for the tomatoes, until translucent, about 5 minutes, in a large enough pot depending on how many servings you are creating
2. Add the tomatoes and simmer for another 5 minutes
3. Add monkfish and cover pot. cook until fish flakes to the touch of a fork. Do not over cook, this fish can get tough.
4. Serve with rice pilaf or buttered pasta.