She certainly did - Russia should have won though mrgreen

Likes (0)

#63 Sun 13 May 07 1:48pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Re: Eurovision over

I was for Lithuania to be honest- which I think was the only former Soviet country not among the top ten.....  whistle

And the German entry for once was not embarrassing!   thumbsup  lol

Likes (0)

#64 Sun 13 May 07 2:10pm

Elvis Parsley

Forum champ
Occupation Checking your Missus out
From www.myspace.com/elvisparsley
Member since Tue 29 Jun 04

I quite liked that German one, despite German not being the prettiest language to my english ears.

Likes (0)

#65 Sun 13 May 07 2:47pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

Who actually one???

I saw a bit of the results (when Malta gave us 12 points I think - I do sit next to them at Council meetings, so maybe that helped?), and then all the Eastern European countries voting for each other which was winding up Tezza no end.

Likes (0)

#66 Sun 13 May 07 2:55pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Serbia.  The first time they entered, apparently, and then they go and scoop the glory.  I'm terribly upset I missed it.  My housemate went to a party where they were all allocated a country and had to provide relevant nibbles and drinks, sounds like an excellent idea and I think we'll do something along those lines next year.  Might up the ante by insisting on national costumes, too...  wink

Likes (0)

#67 Sun 13 May 07 6:49pm

Alex G

Forum champ
Occupation Student/Commis chef
From Brighton/ Bournemouth
Member since Sat 29 Oct 05

I thought Ukraine should have won, they put on a much more amusing performance (and an all round better one) than serbia did.

Likes (0)

#68 Sun 13 May 07 10:06pm

Emma Johanna

From Sweden
Member since Sun 08 Apr 07

oooo jeez, you guys really took my question seriously! haha, I´m not alone, it seems cool  cant believe  how big we lost this year though!
I mean, The Ark is a really amazing band and Ola Salo is so cool!  but if the countries all vote for their neighboors, then we can say goodbye right now, I mean we are not to many here in the north, Sweden will never be able to win again! so depressing... tongue well well...just gonna wait a year for the next one.. tongue  ukraine rocked! so did Bulgaria, France, and Romania.
aa well...see ya!
love   Emma

Likes (0)

#69 Sun 13 May 07 10:07pm

AndyH

Occupation Drinks Taster
From Beer Garden
Member since Sun 04 Jul 04

they all looked ready for the oven there was that much tin foil lol

Likes (0)

#70 Mon 14 May 07 1:46am

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Andy:  lol  lol  lol 

Elvis: Yep! German can be quite harsh when you are used to English... - one reason why it often sounds awful in songs I think - but I think he was quite presentable. wink

Didn't like Serbia much, Ukraine was a little too silly I think, but OK. The Irish girl had a pretty dress but could not sing. There was another girl we liked and I wonder if it was Finland, but am not sure. England was a little dumb I thought, France (? - the pink people) silly but funny. Greece sounded Turkish (in style) but was not bad. We missed the first couple or so performances, and when we turned it on it was something really depressing.... Then there were a few entries that sounded more like part of a musical than of a song contest although the quality of the singing was not at all bad.

I was disappointed that we got no points from Malta this year, but very happy to see that our Swiss and Austrian neighbors voted for us. They don't usually love us much (for good reason probably) and so it was a nice surprise. smile

I just think it is sad that all the Eastern European countries voted for each other and Balkan votes went to Balkan countries so that the votes are not really about the performance at all, but just by national bias. Too sad for those who got thrown out in the semi final or did not get many points for a great performance. It's not much fun when it is clear who will give points to who else without seeing/hearing the entry.... sad

Anyway, the best part about the Contest is all the speculating beforehand when everyone things their entry will be embarrassing etc...  lol

Last edited by SusanneH (Mon 14 May 07 1:50am)

Likes (0)