forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 13 May 07 2:21am

AudioCoffee

Occupation Internet Radio Show Presenter
From Stockport
Member since Mon 03 Oct 05

Worst Restaraunt

Well... Thursday this week we went to what had been previously a Brewers Fayre place.. only now, it's under new management and oh boy... great staff, lousy food....!

I ordered a starter - I'm full of a cold but the temptation for garlic mushrooms was on me - I love garlic and it's one of only a couple of things I can smell/taste when I'm bunged up.

Wow...
Three mushrooms - sans stalks, in a cheese sauce that looked pale and insignificant in a bowl that they all would've got lost in. The bread served with it had the consistency of stale bread - even my mother wouldn't touch it... lol

The mushrooms were pretty rubbery... I suspected the curse of the 'week old supermarket mushroom'...

Ghastly... and £4.50 a pop too......

If my own circumstances hadn't prevented me from making some kind of noise in there, I'd have gone all Gordon!

Ah yeah.. if you're wondering where the garlic was... I didn't taste any...
I got a bigger hit of garlic from the Indian restaraunt up the road....!!  lol  lol

Last edited by AudioCoffee (Sun 13 May 07 2:24am)

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 13 May 07 8:01am

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Re: Worst Restaraunt

Haha, today we went and had lunch... My hubby got his meal first. The 5 minutes later, the appy... then my meal. Then 5 minutes later my MIL'S meal... The 10 minutes later my daughters meal. Hello, waiters, don't you know what the heck is going on? Most people want to eat at the same time not at 10 minute intervals. Needless to say, NO TIP! The worst of it is that on the way to the ladies room I almost fell and broke my friggin neck ( no laughing at this part ) on the wet floor. The food was good, don't get me wrong but just all the wrong people working, mostly guys, and even after I almost split my freakin noggin they didnt make the effort to clean up the floor even if there was nothing but a small drop of water or a piece of friggin food on the floor nevermind an "oh sorry " or even a " terribly sorry mam!" I don't even think they picked up the napkin that I managed to grab on my way down before I managaed to grab onto the table to stop my fall.  lol And I made **** sure of any evidence on the way back from the loo!  Yeah, thinking back I can laugh, I mean who doesn't laugh at someome who's in the process of falling down?  lol  me for one! Anyways, have to mention again there was NO TIP for the sorry B who served us. mad It can only happen to me...

Now let me tell you what happens to me at the grocery store and checking out time... roll

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 13 May 07 10:22pm

AudioCoffee

Occupation Internet Radio Show Presenter
From Stockport
Member since Mon 03 Oct 05

Re: Worst Restaraunt

I must say that what offended me more was the menu... Why oh why do they have to use so many fancy words? And with no pictures to illustrate (my mother, for one - bless her) what was there, it was all purely guesswork... thankfully, having watched way too many chef type programmes on tv, I was able to determine that my mother was going to get 'poached egg on seasoned mash with a dab of hollandaise sauce'... mine was three overdone mushrooms... my OH on the other hand... went for their 'quarter pounder' - which for the life of him, he's a big fella.. six and a half feet tall, appetite like a horse... now, if he'd even tried to attempt to put the two sides of the bun together with its contents, he'd have broke his jaw trying to bite into it...
Now.. my idea of food is 'simple' and 'easy to cook' followed by 'something that you can make at home later' - not these jokers!
I'm not going to even contemplate their 'onion marmalade on pecan toast'... lol
I never said thanks on the way out because if I'd have opened my mouth, I'd have gone mental and demanded to see the kitchen (hey, trust me.. these places only have to do the dirty on me ONCE..)  evil

Asking the staff for 'egg-free' food was also as productive as asking Gordon Ramsay not to say the 'F' word for 30 seconds - it wasn't gonna happen... lol

So, this restaraunt has managed to get itself s***listed... until I can afford to go back in there - which will not be any time soon!  mrgreen

For now.. it's good home cooking... tonights supper: ham and mushrooms bathed in fresh tomatoes and basil and topped with grated cheddar.. baked on a medium light and served fresh garlic bread and with a smile big_smile

Likes (0)